Zcash4win BETA is out!

No, it shows all transactions on the blockchain for the key(s) in your wallet.day

Thanks for the quick replay! im just worried the log will be too big one day or it shouldnā€™t be an issue even with millions of entries?

well its just displaying whatā€™s on the blockchain, so the thing to worry about is how big THAT is!

Hey im pretty new to mining bitcoins and zcash and using wallets but i watched Cryptomined youtube video explaining how to get and use the gui wallet and that the download is zcash4win1.0.5 msi and is suppose to prove the sha56 key but i believe its you upgraded now to zcash4win 1.0.6 msi and i am not getting the same proving key? Is this because it is a upgraded version?

the proving key is the sameā€¦if 1.0.6 isnā€™t giving you the same one, something on your system is not right

1 Like

Any idea of what i could do to fix this?

If the sizes of these files are anything other than show below, theyā€™re somehow corrupted and you can delete them and it will redownload the proving key and verify it on next launch:

PS C:\Users\djm\AppData\Roaming\ZcashParams> dir
 Directory: C:\Users\djm\AppData\Roaming\ZcashParams

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
-a----        1/10/2017   6:07 AM            242 README
-a----        12/7/2016   8:04 PM      910173851 sprout-proving.key
-a----        12/7/2016   5:56 PM           1449 sprout-verifying.key

I cant seem to find ā€œdjmā€ file i only get to C:\Users\

thatā€™s because thatā€™s MY username! Change it to yours :slight_smile:

it will be in %AppData%\ZcashParams\ regardless of username

hahah oh xD iā€™m so dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff xD. This doesnt involve the command propmt does it?

I listed the files in the command prompt, but you can go to %AppData%\ZcashParams\ in Explorer and delete the file sprout-proving.key in the GUI in Windows, too

When i type %AppData%\ZcashParams\ into the Directory i keep just getting an error saying Widnows cant find 'C:\Users\OdellBlockChain\AppData\Roaming\ZcashParams' check the spelling and try again. Am i writing anything wrong?

no that looks rightā€¦is your HD close to full or something??? Iā€™m coming up blank here :frowning:

I have about 21 Gbs left for the (C:) HD

What happens when you run zcash4win, if there is an error message can you screenshot it please?

Thats the message i am getting

when i tried running the program

Iā€™d go into Add/Remove programs and uninstall it, and try reinstallingā€¦what version of Windows are you on, by the way? and is it 32 or 64 bit?

I am on Windows 8.1 and 64 bit