Zcash4win BETA is out!

I would give the old “uninstall, reboot, reinstall” cycle a try

oh and what’s the file size of the msi you downloaded?

zcash4win-1.0.6.msi should be exactly 76480512 bytes in Properties

76,480,512 bytes thats what i got for the file size

have you tried reinstalling?

This is the Proven keys that i am getting and i just uninstalled it restarted my computer and reinstalled and than tested the keys with the MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility 2.1 :confused:

yes that is the correct sha256 hash, 65c71ac413881dc1f735fb43e2c75ae0d180499c18e6b2607364ad733c0787ef
I should have posted that long ago

so yes that’s the right sha256 hash for the installer, when zcash4win runs the first time it will download the proving key into %AppData%\ZcashParams

and how do i run it?

Opening the msi file should install it to C:\Program Files\zcash4win, then you browse to that location and run zcash4win.exe (part of why I still consider it a beta is that it doesn’t create shortcuts to that for you).

Opening the MSI file? where can i find that :confused:

You double click it, should be in downloads…its the file you ran through the sha256 checker above

i double click it and hit next and this is all i get too =/?

If you didn’t already uninstall it in Add/Remove programs, do Remove, click next, they after that’s done, open the msi file again and re-install it

Or just give Repair a whirl

i tried and than i tried to use the %ProgramFiles%\zcash4win\zcash4win.exe in the directory after uninstalling and reinstalling and i still keep getting this message and dont seem to beable to run the program 0.o :*(

Can you post a screenshot of what’s in c:\Program Files\zcash4win please?

could it have anything to do with the registry?

I cant even seem to find the program when i look through Program Files to look for the zcash4win File

If it asking you to approve the license when you open the msi??? It sounds like its not even installing