This section is based off of the Zcash core contributor Code of Conduct - the language is modified to suit forum/discussion environment.
We are committed to making participation in this forum a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of level of experience, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or nationality.
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery
- Personal attacks
- Trolling or insulting/derogatory comments
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing other's private information, such as physical or electronic addresses, without explicit permission
- Other unethical or unprofessional conduct
Forum moderators have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject posts, comments and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to suspend or ban any forum member for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
By adopting this Code of Conduct, moderators commit themselves to fairly and consistently applying these principles to every aspect of managing this community. Moderators who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct may be permanently removed from the moderation team.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by flagging the post or comment in question, contacting an individual moderator (@Shawn or @paige) or by messaging the moderators as a group (@moderators). All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Moderators are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident.
In addition to the above CoC, the following guidelines are expected from participants in this community forum.
Please do not:
- Post topics not related to Zcash
Solicit domain sales (even if related to Zcash)
- Bump topics.
- Derail topics.
- Post links to phishing sites.
- Post spam.
- Create topics/replies for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forum.
- Repost closed or deleted topics.
- Repetitively post in the incorrect topic.
- Create and use multiple accounts/sockpuppets.
Post links to Internet gambling operations
- It's a crime for Internet gambling operations to accept bets from U.S. persons, and the Justice Department takes the position that people who post advertisements or promotions for online gambling may be aiding and abetting those activities. More info.
Also it's worth keeping in mind:
- Not every new person knows where to find which information so try to be as helpful as you can.
- Mods will use a yellow color to show when they act in that role within a discussion.
Respect the privacy of PM (Personal Message) conversations and the wishes of everyone involved.
Finally, please read and keep in mind the default Discourse guidelines.
Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.
These are not hard and fast rules, merely aids to the human judgment of our community. Use these guidelines to keep this a clean, well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.
Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Please spend some time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks.
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- Knee-jerk contradiction.
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
The conversations we have here set the tone for everyone. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.
Discourse provides tools that enable the community to collectively identify the best (and worst) contributions: favorites, bookmarks, likes, flags, replies, edits, and so forth. Use these tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too.
Let’s try to leave our park better than we found it.
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts in any way; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times.
This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
This site is operated by your friendly local staff and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the site feedback category and let's discuss! If there's a critical or urgent issue that can't be handled by a meta topic or flag, contact us via the staff page.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.