Suprnova's ZCash Pool zec.suprnova.cc

I have a Pool on Testnet up for you guys. The only public stratum miner is str4ds miner currently, feel free to play around and test with it, I’ll enable payouts of the Testnet coins too in a few days so you can also play around with your wallets.

https://zec.suprnova.cc

Since I’m testing, be aware it might be down for a certain time and don’t forget, the coins ain’t real, it’s just testnet play money :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So currently there is no way to GPU mine this, correct?

There is. You (or Joe Public) just don’t have a GPU mining software yet.

hi, how to use it ???

Cool, i’m testing right now, but I cant make it work

Zcash Miner version v1.0.0.0-9c342b2 (2016-09-28 00:41:55 +1300)
Connecting to stratum server zec.suprnova.cc:2142
Connected!
Starting miner
ZcashMinerThread started
Subscribed to stratum server
Target set to 0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f0f
Received new job #c5
Worker not authorized: x
Disconnecting
Stopping miner
[WARN] Resource deadlock avoided
Reconnecting in 3 seconds…
ZcashMinerThread terminated
terminate called without an active exception
Aborted

Despite I setup a new account and worker, and using login.worker and workerPassword as login and passwords.

hi adrian, i have got it work

try follow this

create an accout … suppose myaccount
signin … go to myaccount → myworket on left menu
ADD NEW WORKER … suppose user m1 and password pass … ADD … will si in the list at the right

./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=myaccount.m1 -password=pass -printtoconsole -debug

Well, yes, that is what I did :slight_smile:

iCimo is right and his cmdline looks good, whats your command ?

where you get the zcash miner?

The miner is str4d standalone miner:

git clone https://github.com/str4d/zcash.git zminer
cd zminer/
git checkout standalone-miner

Is this a Cpu miner?

Yes, there are no GPU miners available. I also think str4d miner is the only miner with the stratum spec implemented.

@ocminer :

./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 \
    -username="account.workerUser" -password=pass -printtoconsole -debug

Thanks much. Will try this. Is this faster than the built in miner?

I don’t know, I don’t think so but that’s not very important, in a few weeks opens the mining contest subissions, so we will see more performant miners anyway (CPU & GPU)

I see. Thanks. Will give it a try.

I’ve just tested this on Windows 10 (via the Bash extension, see this thread https://forum.zcashcommunity.com/t/zcashd-and-windows-10/1719/14) and it seems to work fine. Will leave it running for a while to check all ok.

Quick question, does anybody know how to get zcash-miner to run on more than one thread? I’ve just launch a few instances of it to run on more than one thread but wondered if there is an easier way?

TomDDG

genproclimit=number of cores

1 Like

if you talk about standalone miner this is my solution to launch as backgroud proces … to stop kill the pid

./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=user.m1 -password=pass -printtoconsole &
./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=user.m2 -password=pass -printtoconsole &
./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=user.m3 -password=pass -printtoconsole &
./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=user.m4 -password=pass -printtoconsole &

will the stand alone look for a config file?