Suprnova's ZCash Pool zec.suprnova.cc

i don’t think so (I suppose config aims to handle a node not standalone miner) @str4d can confirm?

@ocminer pool will support payment transfer on t_address or z_address?

How will the standalone use genproclimit if there is no config file? Thanks

I think assume 1 per command line lauch

Don’t think genproclimit works for the standalone miner, at least I can’t get it to work.

Anyway I’ve earned, according to Suprnova, just short of 3 coins with 3 instances running in around 2hrs with a bit of down time for testing. No idea if that is good or bad. Running an i7-6700k not overclocked.

-genproclimit does work with the standalone miner in -stratum mode. See zcash-miner -? for all currently-implemented config flags.

You are right, apologies. I was putting it in the zcash.conf like for the main program instead of putting it in the command line. Just tried it and it launches x threads as required.

Not done extensive testing but running with -genproclimit=4 seems slower than running 4 separate instances? Probably need to run it for a lot longer to be sure.

I can’t
see my worker at the pool?

is standalone miner using same miner inside beta1 ? can we consider more or less the same solving performance if compared to beta1?

considering all the different opinion about how to measure performances, how can we interpret this?

Unsure yet, I am still testing different methods, what’s the best and cheapest method for the miners? I think z address cost extra fee when transferring funds there, don’t they?

What is the proper cmd line in ~/zminer $

I’m using:

zcash-standalone-miner/src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=suprnova.1 -password=x -debug -printtoconsole

Hi I’m in the pool but I don’t understand how to use ./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=myaccount.m1 -password=pass -printtoconsole -debug

On line without that command I’m anyway in the pool as worker, where is the mistake?

@staicla you have to launch one or more command (1 each process you want run - max 1 per physical core) , if you postpone & it will run in backgroud

./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=myaccount.m1 -password=pass -printtoconsole -debug &

you can run it by a .sh file batch

check the output, if you get unautorized corrent account and miner configuratio

then go to zec.suprova.cc … log in and check your performanc on benchmark metrics

@ICImo As test I’ve just one m1

After having written the command ./zcash/src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=myacocount.m1 -password=pass -printtoconsole -debug
I obtain this answer
bash: ./zcash/src/zcash-miner: File or directory doesn’t exist
git clone GitHub - str4d/zcash: zcash zminer, it worked and I installed it
cd zminer/ git checkout standalone-miner it works and I can obtain an answer as follow
Your branch is up-to-date with ‘origin/standalone-miner’
https://zec.suprnova.cc works and if I login I can mine. I know I’m a noob I’m sorry. thanks for your help.

Did you follow the build instructions from the beta guide ?

Of course you have to build the miner before…

./zcutil/fetch-params.sh
./zcutil/build.sh

follow this http://zmine.io/

whit last command you chose where connect your standalone miner

1 Like

Many thanks all, now it works and I’m inside zmine, soon I’m going to test also https://zec.suprnova.cc