Optimized vbios settings for performance / power saving

thanks again for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I updated a bunch of the roms. :slight_smile:

All overclocked profiles now have tweaked fan settings.
I reworked most of the timings, and the powersave versions have lowered clocks and improved power settings.

Also I do not use MEGA anymore. I uploaded the roms to my platform, to keep better track of the versions. I can write some more about the tweaks there, instead of cumulating everything here in one thread.

2 Likes

Do you have any fit MSI 380 4gb cards?

Yes, I have some roms for the 380. But I have to hex edit those.
Which memory does your card have?

Just let me know, I will fix a rom for you during the day. Sitting at work right now. :confused:

What is the output for XFX RX480 8GB Triple X ?

I don’t own a XFX480, so I can not make solid statements.
The overclock version of the rom comes with modified memory timings, overclocked memory clock and core clock. AS well as sped up fans at higher temps.

Hi Man,
First Thank you so mush for you work and sharing this with us :slight_smile:
I want to know if you heard about rx 490 card do you think should i wait for it or buy rx 470 8giga ?

Hi, Anorak!

Can you add to you collection VBIOS for
Sapphire RX 470 4GB OC reference?
https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90666279/sapphire-radeon-rx-470-oc.asp

Thanks.

1 Like

Sure, I’ll have a look at the rom when I am back from work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome :slight_smile: No rush I am at work to :confused:
These are my 380’s

MSI R9 380 4GD5T OC 4GB

2 Likes

Hello AnorakSupra . First of all tks alot for the community help. Can you suggest some settings for best results for a Sapphire Radeon Nitro + oc Rx 470 8gb so i modify myself without updating bios ( i am afraid i can lose the guaranty). Thank you !

Hi Anorak,
Could you create modded VBIOS for Asus Strix RX470 4 GB Hynix Chips ?
ROM Link : https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/186058/Asus.RX470.4096.160817.rom
Thank you

You will loose your warranty when you modify the BIOS. AS well as if you change the settings with any tools.
But who can find aout about that? :wink:

Best settings? Well. That depends. I think the main goal is to get good hashrates at lowest power consumption.
Leave your clock settings at stock, and start to decrease the core voltage step my step. (25mV).
When the card crashes, or the system hangs, reset and use the last voltage setting but +25mV, and see if it stays stable. If not, raise the voltage more.

That would be the way to get good power usage per Sol/s, without any other mods.

I am playing with my rig right now. Got my new raisers today from @cryptomined

But I will check the BIOS for you later. :slight_smile: <3

2 Likes

Thanks for the info ! Btw hardware related :smiley: i am having a problem : If i put the card directly on his slot it`s oky , but using all 6 on risers i get black screen. Any idea what it could be ?

Maybe. :slight_smile:

On which card do you connect the monitor? It has to be on the card that is connected on the main PCIE slot.
Did you try to use only like 5,4,3,2 cards?

More than often enough the raisers are bad.
I bought 15 raisers, and 14 have been bad and did not work.

@cryptomined sold me 15 new ones which work flawless.

Also check your BIOS settings of the mainboard. You chould have an option for GEN1/GEN2/GEN3 for the PCIE slots. GEN2 usually works with 6 cards.

Thank you ! The monitor is directly on the motherboard VGA . I will see what i can do ! Hopefully it will work ! Btw about the settings i don`t care about the Power Consumption , i have it free. I just want the maximum hashrate i can get :slight_smile:

There is your problem. :wink:
Disable the iGPU in the BIOS of the mainboard, and connect your display to the card in the main PCIE slot.

• Added ASUS RX470 STRIX 4GB Hynix

Thank you so much , What’s memory strap and gpu clock infos ?