NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

Hello everyone, I’m new in cryptoland, but I have plenty of time to study how to get in since I’m unemployed now, I’ve learnt a lot already. I have around U$D3000 to invest in mining hardware, and I would love to hear some opinions about what should I buy. Don’t be afraid, I won’t run to buy whatever you tell me, I’ll study every recomendation, thanks a lot. Good mining!

Hey man, first off welcome.

If I were you I would order motherboard: https://cryptomined.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=240_320&products_id=321&zenid=lb0qhu1qv0rio4vpc669u0e3m1 with cpu and ram directly from them + 15 risers (https://cryptomined.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_214&products_id=200&zenid=lb0qhu1qv0rio4vpc669u0e3m1)
Total of 530$ (included shipping to the us, will take around 20/30 days to arrive[MAX]).

I would buy some 1000W PSU

3x 160 = 480$
3 x 200 = 600$

Some 1050ti’s:

10x 155 = 1550$

For last i would purchase a 16/32 GB stick(20$) and install simplemining(2$ a month).

So 530$ you got MB,CPU,RAM, add 600$ you get 3 really good PSU’s and for 1550$ you grab 10 1050ti’s, for a grand total of 2680$. Still having 300$ for any spare pieces, rig or whatever you want. You have 3 gpu slot still available and you could purchase 3 1080ti during the first mining period.

with 1050ti you would get:
1700 sol/s for 500W, here is an estimate income:
profit

Best luck with your first mining experience :smiley:

1 Like

It sounds like your purchased it separately. With the extra money you spend on liquid cool, (Assuming 6 GPU) you could buy another GTX 1080 TI. I don’t believe you can get 700 additional Sol/sec out of 6 GPU with water cooling. With +1100 Mem (Asus tweak II, 550 in afterburner) @ +2GHZ core, I was getting around 770 around sol/sec, while around 1900MHZ, I was getting around 750 sol/sec. Assuming our results are similar, I don’t believe it’s worth the additional 120 dollars per GPU. Unless space are limited, or high ambient temperature, air cooling should enough to keep the GPU under 60C.

Well, this is the GTX 1080 TI post, but if you are looking for efficiency go with GTX 1070. From my personal experience it’s a little bit better, like additional +0.2-0.5 hash/watt. The statement is from my personal experience with Asus GTX 1080 TI OC edition, and Asus GTX 1070 OC edition.

not only, good watercooled gpu last longer.

Well, none of my GPU went above 60 degrees C (@ 80% power, and fan operate around 50% to 60%) with air cooling. They are usually around 53-58, depends on room temperature. Also my EVGA 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid is around 52 degree C @ 80% power. I live in Chicago, so I guess our cases might be different. It takes years for fans to go bad, replacing it would be easy. Asus replacement fan cost around 50 dollars on amazon. I assume it’s around the same price for other brand. Considering that hash rate will only increase, and hash rate gain from water cooling, I personally do not believe it’s worth the money. Then again, I have Asus GTX 1080 TI OC edition, I really can’t say too much about wasting money.

It lasts longer, because it’s operating at a lower temp, but the silicones on GPU are rated much higher than 60C. Also, there are a lot of air cool mining rigs out there that have operated for years. Life span doesn’t look short.

Nope, just EVGA cards.

Hi I build my first mining computer buy 4x GTX 1080 TI. I buy GPU Server Case 6x fan but I have one problem GPU 3 is 76degress Celsius tree kart 66/67 but only one Fan speed 78% every card.

You can increase the fan speeds with MSI afterburner program or decrease power consumption on the cards. Enclosed cases are not always the best choice even though they are built for servers. GPU’s have their own fans while server MOBO’s do not (which is why cases have fans in place). So in essence, one will usually be better off having an open rig with GPU’s rather enclosed.

I find the ROI on the TI’s better, personally. I reduce power consumption and have a mild OC which gives me ~4h/w+ on the TI’s while maintaining a total of about 700h on each card using <190w each. Also, i bought TI’s for about $600 each, so that helps, too :wink:

1 Like

IMG_2940
My case

IMG_2948

Temperature

You have MSI afterburner installed? If so, try playing with the settings. Decrease power and increase clock and fan speed …etc. Every card is a little different but you just have to fiddle the settings a bit until you get what works for you. I don’t know why that one card is higher temp than others. Some things to try 1) rearrange cards in the case if possible. The placement of the exhaust from one of the cards could very well be being obstructed (perhaps the 2nd from the right). . so find out which card is the culprit and go from there. again, cases are not always the best…2) completely reinstall NVIDIA drivers and MSI afterburner. 3) change out PCI risers (if you’re using them). My guess is that one of the cards is not getting good airflow due to obstruction of exhaust heat in the back of the card because of the case. Good luck!

Which card are you using? I have been trying to find cards that can maintain 700h/s with around 200w. The best I can get from my cards are about 692 h/s with 215w. None of them came close to $600 though :frowning: the cheapest that I see is around $730 and where can I find deals cheaper than $700?

Got them on eBay before the cryptocurrency explosion occurred! As far as the models, I just use Founders Edition (I.e. reference cards) with some tweaking of MSI afterburner. Don’t
have settings in front of me but somewhere along the lines of 85% power,
+180 OC and +600 OC for memory…

Okay great thanks for the info. What’s the temp range for your cards? Are they hot?

Hi all! Nice post!

I bought a bunch of Zotac mini 1080 Ti for 3D rendering and mining too. I like them cause they fit everywhere and I could fit 3 in one system instead of only one amp extreme.

One thing I notice is some have a lower hashrate 580 instead of 700 (and using 150W instead of 230W). What could be the possible cause?

My setup right now is 2 cards in one workstation and 3 other computers with one card each.

Could it be related to having a monitor plugged in or not?

I even try overclocking the lower one (with both firestorm and msi-afterburner) and they stay the same… sometime a reboot make them faster.

Or sometime they start Zcash Cuda miner at 745 and lower steadily to 650…

post your MSI AB settings please

Hi n0g

I think I found my problem. I restarted every computer and made sure firestorm was runnning before launching the miner.

And now they all run above 700 Sol/s temp around 75C except one system at 83C.

the only card a bit lower at 595 sol/s is the one on which I work at the same time and I have 3 mnitors hooked up on it so I think that’s why the hashrate is lower on that one.

I will let that run all day to see if it’s stable.

I am using firestorm now:

try this settings:

core: +80
mem: +325
fan: 80%

and give me your HR please