NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

Not enough pcie slots left! Im using 3 for the vgas and one for the riser… i just ordered new moles risers from mintcell… this way i can change them and go directly from psu to riser with the cables that came from the psu… that should be fine right?

And thanks alot for all the help you have been providing us all… #legend

Also, I wanted to mention that if you’re using multiple PSUs you need to make sure that:

1. Your motherboard/cpu/onboard plugs are all on the same PSU.
  2. The power to the graphics card and its riser are on the same PSU.

Once your new molex risers come you should be fine. One PSU to molex cable is rated for two 1080 ti cards. I’m using them this way and they run fine.

Thank you sooo much! Much appreciated

I can understand why you don’t want to use sata connectors, but what’s wrong with molex?

Direct to Molex is fine.

Alright, I bought a EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid and here is the result compare to my ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC. As this is GTX 1080 TI form, I will not include my GTX 1070s.

I have 1 GPU mining rig with 6 cards and a pc with 2. All the following results were taken from the PC. The motherboard bio setting for the PCIE were set to gen 2. The GPU were over clocked and run at the stable core OC for a day, before taken 10 data point for an average. Yes, I know the 10 data point is not good estimation. The core OC were in increments of 10, so they could go a bit higher. The final core speed for all cards are in between 1850 to 1970 Mhz.

All my GPUs on my mining rig lose 20-30 Sol/s.
All GPU have memory clock + 1100 @ 80% power.
GPU Core increases Average Sol/s
ASUS OC 1: 180 755
ASUS OC 2: 180 753
ASUS OC 3: 150 736
ASUS OC 4: 110 724
EVGA SC2 Hybrid: 180 737

While increasing efficiency is important, keep in mind that the network hashrate is increasing. We should be whoring coins, while our single rig can still make a profit.

1 Like

Hi guys
ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X Rog Strix Gaming OC (STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAM)
and
msi 1070 dukeDG0N57FXkAATaDY (1)

Hello! Help me with a choice. I wanted to order 8 cards EVGA 1080ti sc2 with icx technology(Amazon.com) with ventilators for one rig. Will I be able to regulate the fan speed normally through the MSI afterburner or can I have problems described above due to the technology of asymmetric rotation? Or it is better to order a simple graphics card EVGA SC Black (Amazon.com) without the icx technology and with it there will be no such problems. Thank you very much!!!

MSI 1080 Sea Hawk EK X running gpu +175, mem +675, around 51c. Room is over 25c. Awesome card, gonna get the TI version soon.

Ofc you need a custom water loop but hey, it’s fun tinkering with tubes & stuff :slight_smile:

Oh yeah and power cap is 100%, never goes much above 80. No volt mod.

My radiators are a bit overkill for my heat sources though. :smiley: Total 2 + 3 x 14mm fan rads for just one gpu, cpu and mb. Probably could get these temps with these rads with 2 gpus and nothing else but for each additional card, I guess something like 2x12mm or 1-2 x 14mm more rad area would be needed…

You are limited to overclocking 4 of the Sc2 cards at a time with Precision XOC. EVGA won’t support more than 4 cards due to Nvidias 4 way SLI config max.

Why not just use afterburner? I use ASUS Tweak II on my PC version, because it doesn’t work with more then 4 cards. Afterburner can OC all 6 Asus GPUs on my rig. I assume it will work with EVGA GPUs as well.

Why liquid cool? are you putting the radiator outside to dissipate the heat? if not, why not just get some huge fan to blow on it?

I got the Ti version…it is amazing:).I am getting 740 sol on 75 power.150 core and 0 mem.

1 Like

You’ll never get the same temps with air as with water (ok maybe a jet engine blowing on it lol). Phanteks enthoo primo fits all my rads and would fit a few more by removing the drive cage if i needed :slight_smile:

Water cooling is simply better. Temperatures are lower and you can get more overclock.

You da man! Great OC’ing! Really really good efficiency here, i wish your cards to be unbreakable and mining to the end of days :smiley:

1 Like

Liquid cooled means that you’re mining at ~50c instead of 70c and will extend the life of the card. More years mining equals more return on investment over time.

@root does that mean Nvidia restricts OC when there are more than 4 GPUs irrespective of the type of Nvidia GPU? .i.e. are there any brands of GPUs that aren’t restricted to OC when you have more than 4 GPUs?

I’ve ordered a Asrock H110 Pro BTC+ motherboard that supports 13 GPUs. I intended to use Linux OS and keep adding GTX1080 Ti GPUs as I could afford more.