NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

In general, they ranges from 59-65 C. So definitely warm, but not damaging
hot. If you tweak the settings a bit though, you should be able to be
cooler than that and keep your current hashrate. Takes trial and error.

Ok thanks I will try that. Again one of my computer with only one card (1200W psu on EVGA SR-2 motherboard) still goes down to 577 Sol/s at 151Wā€¦ I will have to restart it again.

Trying your settings (increasing mem and lowering power and clock a bit make it fall to 670.

Really weird I restarted the computer and still 149W and 584 sol/s this time.

Could this be because of Flypool that I use. If they send me less job it will lower my hashrate?

If I go on the monitor instead of using remote desktop, I see the clock and wath boosting and I go back to 706 sol/s. Did anyone noticed that before? For now itā€™s only one that one computerā€¦ Itā€™s like if canā€™t reach the right power state when remote desktoping.

Could someone please shed some light for me

I bought 4 1080 tis, and i have an evga 1600 p2 platinum psuā€¦

The cables i got with the power supply is where im getting lostā€¦

Each gpu needs (2) 8 pin cables to powerā€¦ evga only gives you either single 8 pin cables ( not like my my corsair which each cable has 2 (6+2) pins ) which means i need to use 2 cables for each gpu, which wont be enough to power all the gpus and the risersā€¦or 4 cables that are 8 (6+2) + 6 pinā€¦ so one cable has a a 6 pin and an 8 pinā€¦ not two 8 pin like the corsairā€¦

What do i do in this case? Can i power each gpu with an 8 pin + 6 pin cable? Which would leave 2 pins empty on the gpuā€¦ or do i need to return this? Cause if im going to use 2 cables per cardā€¦and power all the risers there wont enough pins on the psu (9)

Please advise a noob :frowning:

48![50|374x500]

2 x GTX1080Ti FE, watercooled (custom loop)

Core + 200
Mem + 450
Power limit 120%
Temp limit 90c

(afterburner)

cards stay@2050 core/5454 men stable, first card 54c/about 790 sol/s (display connected), second card 45c/about 800-810 sol/s

1 Like

That should not be the case. If they send you less jobs, it decreases your share. The only logical conclusion is that there is a program that limits your power output.

Your CPU is outputting at a fairly efficient Hash/Watt. So try to uninstall your OC program and do a few test.

I have 1600 T2, which have 9 PCIE power outputs. So just use 8 of them.
If you want to expand to more cards, you need to make sure your circuit can handle it. Meaning, the total current in the circuit is less then 80% of the breaker rating (Assuming cable is sized properly for the breaker). So, check your wall outlet. You can trip the breaker and check all connections to get an idea. Donā€™t burn down your house.
The 1600 P2 PSU have a high efficiency. Use the following formula to calculate your total wattage, # of 1080 TI * 250*1.25. This is a fairly conservative calculation for GPU running at 100% with low CPU load, and a few fans.
As for connection, you can just buy cables with 8 pins to two (6+2) pins. Also, if you get additional 1080 TI, you would most likely need 2 PSU. The wattage is going to be greater than 1600.

As for powering risers. Donā€™t you have six 6 pins power outputs. Why is it not enough to power 4 risers?

Ty so much! Do the cables i need to purchase be made bu evga? Or can any good brand cables work? Would you happen to have a link?

What i meant was i wont have enough cables :slight_smile:

I donā€™t see why you need to purchase cables for the 4 GTX 1080 TI. You can use the 4 of the 6 pins to power the risers, and 8 of the 8 pins to power the GPUs.

Oh I see what you mean, the psu doesnā€™t have 6 pins to 6 pins cable. Then you could buy some 6 pins extension, than connect it to 4 of the 8 pins to 2+6 and 6 pins cable.

I donā€™t believe the EVGA 1600ā€™s come with more than 2 or 3 (6+2)by2x(6+2)'s, so youā€™ll most likely have to buy more for your 1080tiā€™s (something like these). Risers can use Sata or Molex connectors, so youā€™ll just have to go through the cables the 1600 came with a figure out which will work best for you (these molex).

They did not give me 8 - 8 pin is what im trying to say :frowning: i got 4 single 8 pinsā€¦ and 4 8 pins that are with a 6 pinā€¦

Would you happen to have a link?

Darkā€¦ i cannot find evga brand of those cables and from what i heard is that you cannot or should not use corsair cables with evga psusā€¦ would you happen to have any links?

Do you think i would be able to use something like this? https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16812706022

oh, sorry. I have 3 EVGA PSUs. I forgot how many cables came with each. You should be able to use the 6 pin extensions in the link below.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s/142-2173891-5995560?k=Cable+Matters+(2-Pack)+6-Pin+PCIe+M%2FF+Power+Extension+Cable+-+10+Inches