NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

okay thank you for the advice, i thought maybe there is one with a better colling system then the others

Iā€™m actually gonna build a new 1080 Ti rig and am debating between Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme and Zotac Amp! Extreme. Aorus sounds best but AMP! Extreme on paper seems could handle higher overclock a bit more stable. Anyone has an opinion between these? Thanks

Just donā€™t get MSI Armor, have heard itā€™s an awful series. From those prices, iā€™d pick up Asus Strix

Cool info. Thanks for sharing. Iā€™m also using the 1080 SC2 and it gets me 585 Sol/s per GPU and temp is 60C below.
Question: How did you add the 7th GPU on the Z270-A? Can you share? Thanks

Correction. I meant the 8th GPU? Also, I have EVGA G3 1000W and GQ 1000W would it be enough power supply?

Can you recommend a cable that connects two PSUs together to the motherboard? Iā€™m not sure which one to get

Try an add2psu unit - you can buy direct or from Amazon. Alternatively you can grab the cable that does the same thing - we have tested both and they both work fine.

Iā€™m kind of surprised everything is still recommending building rigs. At the moment, itā€™s still profitable, but youā€™re only making around $4 per day per 1080ti.

Personally, I think itā€™s a little too late to make such a large investment with the payoff period being so long.

You may be right and you may be wrong. The market will play outā€¦ if the price continues to rise we are all good. If not ROI will take a while. There is still a lot of potential and money to be made if youā€™re in it for the long.

It also depends on your angle. At the end of the day, even if your ROI takes a while, you can still enjoy ā€œFREEā€ equipment and a lot of fun mining at the very least.

Also keep in mind, Zcash is not the only POW coinā€¦ all miners have options and other coins to mine. As the altcoin markets develop and grow I see profits and value growing for a large number of coins. How about new POW coins that have not been created yet or touched any exchanges?

There is a lot to be had mining, of course it has its risks like anything in life but I honestly see a TON of potentialā€¦ at this very moment (difficulty included lol).

EVGA 1080ti SC2: 760sol/s
Power Limit 110%
Core Clock +110MHz
Memory Clock +800MHz

1 Like

How hot is it? Please show after bunner

Temps run 55-63 degrees Celsius. This is on an aggressive custom fan curve. I will post a picture later today.

1 Like

I have asus rog strix 1080 ti, is it safe to oc as your settings ?
Power Limit 110%
Core Clock +110MHz
Memory Clock +800MHz

i want to mine for long time :slight_smile:

I would begin with stock settings, and increase your core and memory clock by 25. Run it for a while and increase in small (25MHz) steps. You should be able to overclocked a fair amount without increasing the ā€œPower Limitā€ - I would save this step for last increasing it by very small increments ā€œ5ā€ for that extra bit of power.

Most of these cards are good and made to overclock however running them 24/7 while overclocked will increase power consumption and heat. Keeping heat to a minimum is key. In my opinion an overclocked GPU that is cool will perform better and last longer than a stock GPU that runs hot. If using afterburner to overclock you can create an aggressive fan curve - basically you tell the GPU fans to run at higher RPMā€™s at lower temperatures. You may also consider placement of your mining machines to keep things cool. Find a cool place in your home and you will have a temperature advantage.

Mining / Overclocking is an art and there are many opinions - please take mine as such.

1 Like

This seems a bit much if you plan to mine for a long time.

Thx u Root! What settings do you suggest
Please advise

Im using a ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti and i plan to mine for about 12-16 hours a day. However, im worried my gpu will overheat and its longevity will shorten. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? Its average temp is 65-70 degrees

If it says air cooled those are normal temps. To decrease the temps either lower the TDP and underclock, cool the room the GPU is in, or give the GPU better airflow to let the heat escape from the card.

Hey guys , anyone here using
1080 ti auros and zotac mini 1080 ti?

My 1080 ti Auros
Core clock 50
Mem clock 800
Temp 60-62Ā±

Zotac mini 1080 ti
Core clock 30
Mem clock 800
Temp 69-71Ā±

Total hashrate 1.370ksols (not idle sometimes drop abit)

1.Somehow , sometimes the hasrate dropped to 1.2ksols , is it because itā€™s been run too long?

1. Anyone have better setting for the oc? Maybe can go more further?

Sorry I forgot to respond to you awhile back. But my settings for the Aorus xtreme are core +60 and mem + 600