NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

I recommend using rig 8, I am waiting 2 1080ti to leave it ready, well configured you will get 5800 sol / s

I’m only getting about 600-620 sol/s out of my 1080ti’s. Is there something I’m doing wrong? I’m mining with Excavator at 80% power, +130 core, and +500 mem.

Linux issue here. with Ubuntu 16.04, EWBF miner shows different GPU numbers than the Nvidia server. Anyone else have that problem and know how to fix? I cant find any help anywhere on it…
ie GPU0 in the miner, does not = GPU0 in nvidia xserver

This is my rig stats 4x"Inno3D iChill GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3"

Is this ok? My room is warm (~32*C).

1 Like

Hi, i have a question, i want to start mining, too. can anybody tell me, whats the best card from these they are offeriing? thx

i want to get 3.

I suggest 1070 8GB, its fast and not too expensive

1 Like

Hi dude, is there any news about the Linux configuration?

I don’t know where you live but you better be running a 8 GPU 1080ti rig on a 30 amp 110V circuit. 7 GPU’s is the limit for a 20amp circuit. 8 GPU’s is awesome but really sucks when your house burns down.

You need to check your xorg.conf file. lspci | grep VGA needs to match settings for GPU0.

its not gpu 0 that is mis matched. 1-2-3 are mixed up ( I can tell based on adjusting the overclock settings) only 0 and 4 match up.

news regarding what exactly?

1 Like

Interesting. I have not seen that… or looked for it, so I may have missed it. Let me check my test rigs and Ill get back to you.

"I doubt many would want it here… but within a week, my partner and I should have a Linux setup with miner to run headless up to 6 Nvidia GPUs (with more in the works) available on a 30GB SSD for around 40 bucks.

we are doing it mainly for our own server group. but will make it available to others."

Nice call. There is definitely a bug in the Nvidia X-server settings tool. I just manually dropped the OC on GPU 1-4 on a 7 GPU ring in the Nividia X-server tool. GPU1 dropped as expected, GPU2 dropped as expected, GPU3 did not drop at all, then dropped on a second try. Then I dropped GPU4 and it dropped, but GPU3 did not return to normal. Took me three tries to get GPU3 back to normal hash rate. Finally restarted the miner to get things back to normal.

Its good to know, but as long as things are getting set correctly in you miner start script then the bug in the Nvidia driver GUI does not matter. Kinda sucks for testing though.

I use window :slight_smile:

Should be ready by Saturday. Don’t want to release anything buggy.

1 Like

Place a dedicated circuit of 220v which is consuming 8 amps in each phase, if my house is hot but nothing that can not be solved with a little ventilation

Hi, i have a question, i want to start mining, too. can anybody tell me, whats the best gtx 1080 TI card from these they are offeriing? thx

i want to get 3.

Just grab the cheapest. 1080ti is 1080ti

I recommend the brands EVGA, MSI or ASUS, of the reference 1080 TI FE, I have all three and work very well