Miner- Claymore's Zcash Miner

OK ? linux ubunto 16.04.1 lts

R9 280x support?
padrino121/silentarmy

nerdralph/sa-nr

sa-nr - GPU Zcash Equihash solver optimized for 2^20 rows

Try searching this on google…
zcash_blake2b_init(blake2b_state_t*, uint8_t, uint32_t, uint32_t)

see what comes up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes 16.04.1 will work

Im uploading his linux version walkthrough now, so i cant really open google or startpage.com (i try never to use google) but when it loads I’m going to check it out… and i am guessing silentarmy comes up… if that is true, claymore is an asshole for not giving credit… nevermind the 2.5%… its the credit that makes him a total dick

duckduckgo.com all github silentarmy stuff

1 Like

AMD GPU MINER - Silent Army + Extremal?? for windows
Zogminer Silent Army

1 Like

can you please explain to me how to open his file in gedit so I can see this myself?
you need to post a new thread in this forum with what you have found
people need to know what he has done

Perhaps the problem is with the user and not the miner… I say that because you assume your experience must mean that everyone has the same… I for example have the opposite experience, silentarmy is unstable, while claymore is stable… I however run more GPUs in my rigs then most at 8 GPU per system, and Claymore handles it better then a single, or multiple instances of silentarmy… My only point is don’t be so ignorant

1 Like

someone above just stated that claymore is using silentarmy code without giving credit… did you see that?

do you think claymore actually made a miner?

so is this yours? if so what is it

what encoding do I use to view the claymore file?

Yes it’s mine… read the commits for some more details, but in a nutshell it’s just a pull of some optimizations plus another fix for Python 3.4.3 support so Ubuntu 14.04 can run as is…

I did, while blake itself is a standard implementation the function names do imply he may have pulled parts of silentarmy out, the MIT license of silentarmy allows that to happen with a small requirement.

yes but he is a dirtbag if he does not give credit
why didnt he give credit where it is due?
why does he call it “his” miner when its not?

padrino why don’t you port your version to windows?

I have no interest in Windows myself but experience developing for windows so maybe I’ll get it done tomorrow.

1 Like

I did hex coding back in the day for DTV and Dicknet toi hack their cards :stuck_out_tongue: So I understand the challenge aspect. It was a very fun chess game for a while. Funny part is…I didn’t own a tv then, and don’t own one now. I just liked the coding. Now I’m toooooo old for that shit.

i see it, what a douche

why dont you help marc with his windows version?
unlike claymore, you will get credit and recognition

don’t you think claymore is a douche for not giving marc credit?

Copy & Paste other’s code and add 2.5% fee? Wow!

2 Likes

Yeah thats a lame move, always felt claymore was kinda a greedy his fee should be no more than 1% , When is silentarmy releasing a windows version so we can get off claymores version

1 Like

I doubt they will force Claymore to respond by locking the thread

1 Like

The 2.5% fee did seem like a money grab, especially considering his miner is not that much better than the 0% fee competition, if it is better at all.

Now to find out he copy/pasted other people’s code without giving proper attribution in his race to get paid is even more a testament to the (low) quality of his character.

1 Like