Miner- Claymore's Zcash Miner

different commands in ubuntu 16.04.1?? never work for me, directory not found, command not excit etc…never get the same outcome. 10 time for wallet for silent army…
‘‘uploading his linux version walkthrough now,’’ Link? i try all youtube video and how to…
linuxmint, debian, ubunto,16.4.1… ubunto 14.4 ?

I don’t want to rain on all of the Claymore miner love, but I’m getting about the same numbers with the new Silentarmy build without the fee.

3x RX 470s, 1x RX 480: 162 Sol/s 40.5 Sol/s per card.

This could be because I’m on Ubuntu 16.04 and unable to install the AMD Catalyst 15.12 drivers/ support for fglrx removed. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Is Claymore supposed to be <= 14.04 only? I was able to get it started and mining, just no extraordinary results.

(update: after reading a few above it looks like I didn’t read the end of the thread)

3 Likes

IF they had a window version with ease of use like Claymore and remote monitoring app (ethmon). I dont mind switching.
Sometime paying some fee for these feature and ease of use are ok for most miner. Willing seller, willing buyer.

Also, not many Linux user here and are technical enough to install ubuntu on another HDD/SSD, install driver, compile Miner from source. And who know how many hours need to spend to get everything up and running. Time is money especially now Zec price is plummeting every single min.

Not to mention inspecting the bins has confirmed our intuition and claymore has at least infringed on silentarmy’s MIT license in the blake implementation.

Perhaps claymore used more, perhaps he did not. Claymore is a good developer and silentarmy author certainly feels he is capable of writing the rest of the kernel and opencl host.

Cheers claymore!

1 Like

they are coming out with a windows miner, I have asked him to make it a priority for V4 release instead of V5.

ubuntu is easier to install than windows - and you can use the same SSD that windows is insatlled on… its not that hard…

if you can set up your miners - you have enough ability to install ubuntu

run 3 instances of silent army with switch --instances=3 and you will kill claymores hashrate… claymores miner (or should I say marcs miner?) only uses 2 instances of silentarmy LOL

im working on it, claymore screwed up my system and one GPU is only hashing at 5 Sol/s instead of 45… ever since I ran claymore linux and it froze up and crashed my system… i hope his crap didn’t break my motherboard or a GPU!

yes the question now arises… did claymore copy SGminer code for his eth miner.

Does he really lock the code because he doesn’t want people to copy his code? or is he protecting himself from being found out that HE has copied others code?

1 Like

Ha. Did this right before reading your reply! Thanks :slight_smile:

I would say my GPUs are around 72-80 degrees c now. Are you seeing that also @cryptomined? I’m wondering how long these will run at that temp.

He could just be lazy like most of us developers :slight_smile:

Some of the CPU fan stuff is nice to handle from the command line, but I do think it was wrong to outright copy without attribution.

Haha yeah I copy code all of the time. Since I started writing miners for the first time here in zcash I have learned tons.

The thing is I don’t sell those copies of code and I give credit to the original authors.

2 Likes

he knew exactly what he was doing… he is scum. nothing good to say about him anymore

we have to wonder how much of his ethminer is ripped off of sgminer also

1 Like

You are reallllllyyyy stupid, to post this in Claymore`s TREAT !!!

It was amusing though.

very well done !my RX480 8G hashing at ~40 sol/s !

since claymore took SA property why not the other way around silent should take from claymore code whats missing to build windows client

claymore’s benefits for me:
stability; performance; remote monitor(including android); clear logs; restart, clock&fans configs, turning gpu’s during mining - allows fine tuning; waay less cpu dependency
also we can be sure that he’s dedicated to updating miners and fixing bugs

Would I prefer the fee would be 1% - sure! would I argue for 0% - probably not

ignore him. he has no grasp on reality