Introducing The Zebra Launcher

Please try it out by downloading and running the installer for your operating system and let us know what you think!

We also welcome any improvements to the project in the form of issues, discussions, or PRs on the zebra-launcher Github repository.

19 Likes

huge!!!

its syncing on Win 10
sync_percent=2.714% in few mins

7 Likes

No prblms here, good job guys.
Looking forward to the next updates… I really believe in the power of this implementation :zebra:

Ty

5 Likes

This is awesome, a great way to get Zcashs node count up!

8 Likes

4 Likes

So happy to see this! This will help more mainstream users get their toes wet, I’m pretty sure a large percentage of users in these forums use Windows/Mac on their main computers :heart_eyes: :student: :zebra:

Embedded desktop wallet in the Zebra Launcher UI such as Zingo-PC.

Yes! As fun as it is to compile and run Zebra+lightwalletd+ZingoPC, having options like this will be a huge win for the ecosystem.

2 Likes

Getting an error on Mac. Where’s the best place to get help?

Me too. I’m getting " “Zebra” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image."

Does the macos_aarch64 imply non-intel?
@ambimorph @joshs What kind if processors are yall running?
I have an intel and yes, no bueno

Apple M2 Pro

1 Like

Apple M1 [10 char]

1 Like

It seems macOS is quarantining the unsigned app, hopefully signing the binaries will fix this in future releases.

It may be possible to use the existing installation by removing it from the quarantine list by running xattr -p com.apple.quarantine to check if it’s in that list, and xattr -d com.apple.quarantine to remove it.

2 Likes

now that we have the launcher. could we get something in UI wise more nicer also soon one day?
i saw this one pretty cool:

shouldnt be too hard to make? or is it?

3 Likes

That sounds like a Zebrad-Prometheus+Grafana build, which is already in a docker so it seems pretty feasible

1 Like

It shouldn’t be too hard to make, we can query Prometheus data directly (outside of Grafana) for high-level progress bars and other metric UI elements.

The Zebra Launcher UI was a bit rushed, we’ll probably redesign it after addressing more basic issues like signing the binaries and what’s listed in the low-effort high-impact section of “What’s Next” in the blog post.

3 Likes

Hey guys getting some errors on win10

VCRUNTIME140.dll VCRUNTIME140_1.dll and MSVCP140.dll not found causing it to crash

1 Like

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-msvcp140dll-and-vcruntime140dll/c4d5f4b1-c2ac-4613-b947-c75c5e436c93
@zkcroc

2 Likes

Ah thankyou, ill try this out

Update: installed those patches and everything seems to run OK, node spinning up nicely :+1:t2:

3 Likes

An update on running the zebra launcher for approx 26 hours…
-Current status is 71.6% synced, height 1770000 through 2 months of the spam
-Blockchain size downloaded so far is 89gb

UPDATE: about 48-ish hours down, 75.6% into Novemeber 2022, data downloaded 180gb. Should be done tomorrow

UPDATE2: all up it was about 2.5 days to fully sync to the current height

Also this was done on windows 10, with a kaby lake i7-7700, and 8gb of ram

11 Likes

Thank you for the sync times! Will you be running a lightwalletd server as well so you can create tx’s with either ywallet or zingo?

1 Like