Introducing The Zebra Launcher

I wasnt planning on it as of yet, might be a project i can tackle in some spare time later on. Have you got a link to any documentation?

Youll need WSL running first, then you can follow my steps in this video:

Jump to the lightwalletd section

2 Likes

There are guides but for Ubuntu. The easiest way to do that is to run the zebra lightwalletD docker combo. The zebra launcher (I believe) is a docker instance and so adding that functionality into a coming version may not be too difficult. A similar question came up about adding functionality for metrics and things to the zebralauncher but it’s basically ALPHA and the result of a side project, so stay tuned.

LightwalletD is written in go and it’s probably compatible with windows but I don’t know of anybody in particular who runs it on win and how it differs.
I imagine the build and setup instructions would likely be about the same but
probably differences when communicating into and out of a docker instance vs all natively (Docker has some quirks)
Neither zebra or zcashd has NATIVE windows support so anybody doing this would be running it in some VM or equivalent, or remotely.

@dismad beat me to it!

2 Likes

@ZecHub is working on a tutorial regarding this particular setup! I have a feeling it will be quite popular.

3 Likes