Zcash4win BETA is out!

well they can see what that taddr is holding, just like in bitcoin…you can just use zcash4win to transfer from a taddr to a zaddr in the same wallet

1 Like

Hi David @anon47418038 good morning. Excuse my ignorance, but how can I backup my wallet in case drive gets formatted? Just got my first deposit and want to secure it. Thanks a lot!

Just make a backup of wallet.dat. He also just mentioned this a couple of posts ago in this thread :wink:

2 Likes

Hi. I noticed there is a new zcash4win version out. 1.0.10
I have had 1.0.08 installed for awhile now and it works great! Also have the CPU mining enables and it is working away.

Question:
Do you have specific steps for upgrading to the new version?

At this point I assume we would have to.
1: Backup current wallat.
2: Backup setting from zcash.conf
3: Uninstall old version (in this case 1.0.8)
4. Copy wallet file and zcash.conf file back into zcash folder
5: Initial first run and set to re-scan and re-index
6: Wait for 100% synchronization

Are these the steps you would recommend? Or is there an easier way? Also, if these are the steps needed to upgrade, am I missing something?

You should backup wallet.dat while its shutoff anyway, but removing it in Add/Remove Programs, which you need to do, does NOT effect your wallet.dat or zcash.conf, so no need to copy them back in after upgrading.

1 Like

Hello, David!
I’ve been trying to send ZEC from Zcash4win Z-wallet to a t-wallet , registered on the stock exchange platform. I’ve setup 0 fee settings.
I’ve been waiting for around an hour till it, finally, sent ZEC sucessfully. Zcashd process have had constantly loaded my 16-thread Xeon E5-2650 up to 100%.
Moreover, in my transactions overview I see 16 (sic!) simultaneous confirmed transactions with my Z-wallet “IN” direction & successively smaller amounts.
It have taken 2,5 more hours to receive required 20 confirmations. Totally 3,5 hours for a one-way transaction!
Is that all normal?

if you set the tx fee to zero it may or may not ever get mined, so I don’t know that I’d do that. That’s probably why it took an hour to send

Hi! I have the problem - synchronization process in zcash4WIn is paralyzed. I tried to delete block and chainstate folders and added the entity “addnode=network.zcha.in” to .cfg file. Synchronization started from scratch, but got freezed again in few hours. What can i actually do to save my wallet and return access to it? Copy wallet.dat and paste it after reinstalling zcash4win? Thank you.

when you say its frozen, as you just looking in the GUI, or are you looking at the end of the file %AppData%\Zcash\debug.log ??? Because there are some points in time where it takes as long to verify some parts of the blockchain, that new ones are coming in as fast as older ones are getting verified, so the percent done in the GUI will stay the same. but if you look at debug.log at 2 points a bit apart, it is indeed processing more blocks.

Hi. I have been using the zcash4win wallet for awhile now. Just upgraded to 1.0.10 .

Question - I setup the .conf for CPU mining. How to I detect the Hash/rate? Or - what is the minimum payout? I have my .conf setup below. Any help would be appreciated!

addnode=mainnet.z.cash
addnode=network.zcha.in
addnode=zcmaintvsivr7pcn.onion
rpcuser=XYZ
rpcpassword=XYZ
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
keypool=100
gen=1
genproclimit=5
equihashsolver=tromp
paytxfee=0.00001
mineraddress=XYZ

when you mine with zcashd itself, as you are doing, you are solo mining and doing get any payout unless you win a block…which is pretty unlikely with the difficulty so high!

You can see you sol/sec if you use the command line…here I check my mining info in PowerShell:

PS C:\> cd "c:\Program Files\zcash4win\app"
PS C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app> .\zcash-cli getmininginfo
{
  "blocks": 154421,
  "currentblocksize": 0,
  "currentblocktx": 0,
  "difficulty": 5089391.202182934,
  "errors": "",
  "genproclimit": -1,
  "localsolps": 0,
  "networksolps": 244662292,
  "networkhashps": 244662292,
  "pooledtx": 8,
  "testnet": false,
  "chain": "main",
  "generate": false
}

The localsolps is your local solutions per second, which here is 0 because I’m not mining.

So the command you’d actually type out of all that if its not clear are:

cd "c:\Program Files\zcash4win\app"

and then

.\zcash-cli getmininginfo

Hello, I’m having problems with my zcash4win.

It doesn’t crash, just getting error messages every few minutes or so most of them saying “please ensure daemon is running”

I’ve tried reindexing, uninstalling and reinstalling.

As I’ve typed this i got this error

Currently running zcash4win v1.0.10
I’m new to mining also. Thanks in advace!

Thanks for the reply and clarifying the command - I typically run from the cmd window so am fairly familiar with how to navigate the command lines - but the “getmininginfo” was new to me!. Below was the read-out. Thoughts? What would be needed to setup the CPU mining via a pool, such as flypool (for example?). Really appreciate the help and discussions.

c:\Program Files\zcash4win\app>.\zcash-cli getmininginfo
{
“blocks”: 154936,
“currentblocksize”: 24086,
“currentblocktx”: 2,
“difficulty”: 3671087.533557231,
“errors”: “”,
“genproclimit”: 5,
“localsolps”: 6.594516594516595,
“networksolps”: 217797487,
“networkhashps”: 217797487,
“pooledtx”: 3,
“testnet”: false,
“chain”: “main”,
“generate”: true

if you want to pool mine, you need to use 3rd party software for that, and I’m not sure what the current CPU miners are out there. check the #mining topic…as you are probably not going to win a block any time soon with ~6 sol/sec, so yeah a pool would be good

Here are screenshots for my GUI and log file both. As i said before, i can’t get acess to wallet because of infinite synchronization. I tried both deleting chainstate/blocks folders and adding "addnode=mainnet.z.cash " entry. The percentage isn’t moving further and therefore i can’t get acess to my wallet and transfer money. What should i do?

have you tried syncing without the gui running? there are instructions multiple places in this thread to start up zcashd.exe without the gui…and then let it sync…how fast is your connection?

My internet connection speed is about 50 mb/s.

dang well that’s not it :frowning:
how long does it take to get to 8 peers and what’s the longest you’ve left it running (preferrably in command line only mode)

Could you please show me how i can actually synch without GUI, using zcashd.exe?