Slush pool low performance - why is that?

I dont know, I tested a lot of the big ones and was going to try to stay on with them and help build their hr, but just cant throw money down the drain. Need more hash to even it out.

I thought the same thing. Felt bad for thinking that, but it is what is is.

There is no easy fix. Just know that it all averages out and doesnā€™t really matter which you use in the end. Itā€™s just a matter of how often/quickly you want to see funds going into your wallet. There is a slight variance in earnings but itā€™s nothing drastic by any means. You may see 20 payouts in a day from Flypool, but youā€™re also sharing with a massive amount of people so when you get that 1 payout from Slushpool, youā€™ll make around the same as those 20 payouts. Luck changes that obviously as well as pool hoppers.

My 7-day moving average for rewards on slushpool is slightly above where I would expect it to be. If you want to see stable daily rewards then use other pools. If you want to take advantage of 0% pool fees and a great web/mobile user experience, then use slushpool.

PPLNS schemes donā€™t reward pool hoppers.

Nevermind. Slushpool uses a score:

Score - Score based system: a proportional reward, but weighed by time submitted. Each submitted share is worth more in the function of time t since start of current round. For each share score is updated by: score += exp(t/C). This makes later shares worth much more than earlier shares, thus the minerā€™s score quickly diminishes when they stop mining on the pool. Rewards are calculated proportionally to scores (and not to shares). (at slushā€™s pool C=300 seconds, and every hour scores are normalized)

2 Likes

Hello.
As far, as I understood, the most of miners (including me) donā€™t really care regarding stable / unstable payouts, fancy mobile apps, nice UI and other peripheral stuff. The thing, we care the most is earnings. If earnings are better, than at other pools, we mine here - just business.
@whfct could you, please, provide ur numbers (HR, results on pools)?

I totally agree with you and again I donā€™t care regarding amount of payouts. Just average. But if I see blocks interval in 10 hours, I am worried.

The two rigs I have pointed at slushpool have a combined 5,300 sols/s (as measured by the pool, not the miners). The 7-day moving average for daily rewards is 0.144 ZEC, which seems reasonable given the band in which difficulty has recently fluctuated.

Was on Flypool until I heard about the 51% issue a few weeks back. Switched to Slush after seeing their nice UI and app for a couple weeks. With 5500H/s I was getting 0.13 to 0.20 per day on Slush. Went back to Flypool since Slush showed my HR somewhat less than what the miners reported. I got slightly less on average with Flypool, so now Iā€™m back and will likely stay with Slush.

Slushpool is great. Just stick with them and it evens out and you get a payout pretty regular.

No fees, awesome free app and 12.5 per block. Whats not to like.

But this upcoming 2% fee ordeal is not so cool.

Not quite, like it is. You can search for another thread with payments regularity.

Again, this is mistake. Reward is shown 12.5, this is true, but minerā€™s reward is 10. Have a try to calculate yourself.

Itā€™s true what @VanijaDev says, it.s ~12.5 per block, but founders take 20% in the first 4 years of the coins life.

I do like their dashboard thoā€¦

EDIT: also, from the 8th of this month, they will introduce a 2% fee @g2em3

Can someone tell me how this can be.

On slushpool with 2 1080 ti cards generatiring around 0.05zec per 24 hour with 6 1080 ti cards its generating 0.099zec per day. Thats really low and should it not be 0.15zec per day with 6 cards?

It really depends on the ā€œluckā€ of the pool finding blocks, some days you may get very little, but some you could get double of what the ā€œzec calculatorā€ gives you based on your sol/s. You could see in the Rewards tab how much time it takes to find a block.

Sometimes it takes 10 minutes, sometimes it takes even 10-12 hours to do so. @BarbieAction

EDIT: the last block as of writing this reply took 5 seconds to findā€¦ so yea, very big variation on these find times. It all evens out at the end.

Anyone using nvidia here? Which miner do you use to connect to Slush?
I tried to connect using nicehash and ewbf but it gave error ā€œCould not connect to stratum server zec.slushpool.com:4444, A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respondā€

@AlexComan Yes i understand this but when checking rewards and calculation itā€™s just weird.

Rig 1: Around 1400 sols getting 0.05zec per 24hour
Rig 2: Around 4800 sols getting 0.099zec per 24hour

Now this is what we are getting, not what the app is calculating and we can go back 1 week and check rewards same thing.
For me this is weird, should be getting around 0.15 zec on the 4800sols rig. Im getting double what a 1400 sols rig is getting. Running exact the same system and online time and everything.

12 hours now for the current block, feel like switching back to flypool

True, BUTā€¦ Have a look at other blocks, mined today. There are time periods of 11 and, even, 1 minutes. So, is glass half empty orā€¦? :wink:

12 hours is way too short a period. Look at your 7-14 day moving average.

True dat.