Slush pool low performance - why is that?

@VanijaDev hmm, you are right, I just calculated my reward and it’s 0.013872 instead of 0.016 I’ll message the support and see what’s up.

1 Like

I am pretty sure the block does contain the 12.5 but 2.5 is founders reward. i would expect that they are just showing full instead of available.

@madbuga ok… that would be fairly understandable, for the devs to take a part, but why then write the formula like that?

If they know you get it from a chunk of 10 ZEC, why not just make the formula like (bla bla) * ( block reward * 0.8 ) because now it’s (bla bla) * (block reward * 0.98) impling that the devs take 2% not 20%.

founders not devs. take a look at any block explorer, say a block mined on flypool you will see the founders quota. I think slush has just messed up and is showing total block not block minus founders.

caveat, i too am a newbie to this all

It was clearly said in ZCash documentation, that first four years 2.5 ZEC will be transferred to devs. But I have read somewhere on this forum, that Slush somehow provides 12.5 ZEC to miners (instead of 10 ZEC). That was interesting for me… But it occurs, that it is not, so we can chill :wink:

And again… 14 hours without block. I have noticed yesterday, that blocks were actually mining at 1PM - 11PM, GMT +2.00. Perhaps, some pattern can be invented…?

@VanijaDev yep, i think I’m going back to nanopool after my next payment there.

Actually, I don’t care in what hours blocks become mined if I get my expected daily reward. I am going to wait for day or two and if rewards would be less, I am cosideribg to move to Poolhub.
But still, I an interested why does such low performance period began.

Many of the new miners see Flypool and they think it is the best one without calculating what they will receive in payment.

Why do you think Fly is bad and which is better / best and why? :slight_smile:

I had to move away from slushpool, too many slow days. As soon as they get some hash power I would go back, but if I cant even pay the electric use and buy a coke off the rig in a day, makes no sense to me.

By far they have the best stats, and an awesome android app, very disappointing I cant stay with them at the moment.

1 Like

Never said Fly was bad. To answer your question about why Slush pool has very low hash I think it was because when a new miner comes into cryptocurrency they see Flypool as an entity that has the highest hashing power which means it has to be the best. This is can be true for some people, but not all. It all depends how much hashing power your rig has. You can calculate weekly earnings and see from there :smiley:

Strange… Pretty often people write about HR drop on Slush and thus dropped performance. But I have just reviewed Reward history and there were no significant HR drop. The Average HR was and still is bouncing between 2200 - 2800 (average again). So, some myth HR drop is not the reason of low performance. Only if… There were better performance (I am watching Slush only for a week).

How much are you getting paid daily by Slush with your rig?

average 2100 Sol/s
Slush: I ma here just the past 3 days about 0.055 - 0.065 ZEC
Fly: 0.051 ZEC daily for a week

I have 2300 sols/s and last two days I made .035 a day

*edit: actually that did not include yesterday, so it was the two days prior to that.

I think a big problem is the pool hoppers. Coming in at last minute and your reward drops significantly, yet you have been working on the block for 4 hours

Wow, shitty income I must say… :confused:
Yeah, I have read about hoppers. May be, what can I say…

This has always been the biggest issue with Slush. I’m at the point where I think it’s Slushpool themselves doing this to get through the problem blocks. It’s just shitty cause it’s effecting all their miners.

1 Like

So, what is the solution? Wait until HR increase to at least 10Mh/s? Therefore, there will be no need in “Slush’s help”.