Price Speculation

I get it, but it’s not like criminals don’t use USD, or EURO, or even gold to fund their operations… we should stop using that as well now?

1 Like

According to the article as far as europol knows, criminals don’t use zcash which makes sense because zec is a law abiding foundation, its repellent, and if that doesnt sound good to you, theres plenty of room in the Monero snake pit

1 Like

Its only a matter of time before people wake up to the beauty of zk-snarks. Right now Monero might be “doing the job” but I suspect things could change soon. People may be forced to look for stronger cryptography (zec).

1 Like

Same tired old story. It’s the job of law enforcement to find out if assets originate from criminal activity. When someone with no income whatsoever one day deposits one million dollars in cash that’s when they should investigate not when someone is using cash, Visa card, Bitcoin or zec. It’s not their job to be preoccupied with payment technologies people use. Their job is to investigate suspected crimes.

Edit: What can you do with cash anyway? At lest in Western countries, you can’t do shit. You can’t buy a business, a new car, securities or real estate. You can buy some food, clothing and get a haircut.

4 Likes

You can pay your rent, too…maybe some fun at your local night spots…the dog groomer…

I agree, law enforcement is there to investigate crimes. These “scary” stories of criminals doing this and that are simply what they do when they want to target an activity they wish to control…that’s how it has always been done: Scare the public, present a solution they lap up = more power and less rights. Despite all the power and money people have thrown at Uncle, that doggone Boogy Man is still at large.

2 Likes

From a company no, from a landlord yes/maybe. Anyway, if you are renting roof over your head – you can’t do too much damage.

Loosely related to Price Speculation, I realize, but…with the 15% sag in ZEC over the last 48 hrs or so, I haven’t seen much, if any, sustained loss in network has power. In fact, my projected profits based in the last 24 hours have plummeted more than ZEC price. Curious to know where all of this basing power is being added, as I’m not seeing much of the the most recent 100 million sol/s (370/380–>470/480 x10^6) showing up on Flypool. Seems like a second discrete step-up in network hash power. Is this just more Eth miners shifting? If so, if not, speculations on where the network sol rate may stabilize for a while?

If it is ETH miners, then give it time and they will jump ship. They will either go back to ETH or something else. I’m seeing a tiny drop in my overall income, but my rigs need to stabilize before I know how much I’ve lost.

It seems weird, hash rate almost doubles within 24 hours? Price of coin is ~ back down to what it was before the massive pump but hash rate is still increasing? I wonder if someone has successfully made an ASIC?

The winds of change…
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/zcash-transactionfees.html
Max on that chart looks like 16 thousandths of one cent

Bitcoin Fees Chasing Businesses Away, Dash, Litecoin Benefit

via Blockfolio: goo.gl/p95yia

Unlikely

Proof of Work: The Proof of Work (POW) algorithm for Zcash is Equihash. Equihash is a memory hard algorithm based off of the Generalized Birthday Problem. Equihash is designed to be resistant to specialized hardware like ASIC’s. The Zcash team is not opposed to adjusting or even completely changing this POW depending on how the network is operating.

We all knew it but new article
Despite Korean ‘Ban’, Bithumb Adds Zcash

via Blockfolio: goo.gl/p95yia

“Bithumb considers the coin’s Security, Technology, and Investment worth when listing a coin,” Lim said. He added that Zcash had met their criteria, noting that “its technology provides the strongest reason.”
From article above

From what I can see is that it seems to be a peak and valley situation. Right now we are heading into a valley.

This data is from when I got into mining at the beginning of July. I’m thinking in the next week or so the price is going to drop to around 230 and then go back up towards the end of the month.

Yeah, I expect to see BTC:ZEC drop to sub-0.05 before returning back up again. While BTC has proven resistant to drops, ZEC has been reluctant to hold onto any gains in the last 4 months.

This is still a new coin so words like “never/always” shouldn’t be used, but in the short history we have, we haven’t seen miners leave the network once they enter so I don’t expect the difficulty to drop. Actually, it will probably continue to climb by the week-by-week average.
Unfortunately, miners are still the primary hodlers and spenders of ZEC and now a price of approximately $350 is needed to obtain the same returns seen a only a week ago. I expect that prices will need to return to that level before we see any real movement on ZEC again. That might not be for a couple more months.

1 Like

Also, to someone’s previous question of buy vs. mine Zcash right now. I would absolutely buy ZEC and not dump the money into the mining equipment. It will take about 9 months to break even on the mining equipment whereas you will probably more than double your return on hodling ZEC over the same time. Also, by that time difficulty will have increased even more and the yield for the miners will be significantly less than it is right now. If you are not already invested in mining, you probably have missed the boat on this one.
Actually, even most current miners could probably look back at their investment 6 months ago and say they would have done better to invest in buying the coin instead.

Very Important Point Anyone reading this Forum Should Keep In Mind: (obviously…since it’s in bold) :smiley:
For those asking about mining vs. investing, when getting into something like this you should determine what sort of business you are going to be involved in…

• Investing (owning/trading coins)
  • Processing (mining coins)
  • Exchanging (selling real-world services for coins)

Figure out which one you are in and focus on that. Realizing the differences between the three and you will learn that, while they do overlap a little in objectives, for the most part they each require very different approached to the market. Don’t try and play multiple parts or you will start having conflicting objectives and ultimately fail at one or both.

9 Likes

Kudos for wise words!

2 Likes

With 6000$ when I bought my graphics cards I could’ve bought 28 ZEC, with the rig I have I’ll easly mine 33-34 the first year, how could your statement be possibly real?

Talking about mining, hash rate just dropped to 350M, that amazing :smiley: My profits are back to “regular” numbers.

2 Likes

there is eletricity cost that I didn’t calculate…

but still, you get the picture…

The power costs are VERY real…trust me…I have nine rigs going.

I will go ahead and say we are going to hit a price 0,02xxxxxx BTC. The situation is worse than I expected. Prepare to buy cheap cards and coins.

EDIT: We might have the last exits around 0.07