Price Speculation

-.- welp,

looks-like dentacoin just passed zcash on the Y2050 implied market cap category.

one day i’m going to write a long effortpoast on the insane shenanigans that takes place with ZEC/USD pair. lol

lol Price Speculation - #652 by ph12

I have to stop watching the market, everything is in clinical death…

was trying to ignore the markets myself, but, the dentacoin thing was kinda funny to me. pretty-sure it’s safe to say the market’s still wildly irrational.

who would ravage our markets for months? imo, it’s a mix of market makers from new exchanges, and emotional contagion spread by BTC weakness against USD.
USD DXY | U.S. Dollar Index (DXY) Advanced Charts | MarketWatch has been strong this year, so that does add to the mix. i do believe USD will eventually cool-off this year, tho. trump admin does not want a strong dollar hindering US exports.

Tariffs will save the day, stocks will fall and crypto markets will rise! I’d say from 200M to 1T in less than a month (total marketcap).

If not november, february. If not february then may 2020.

1 Like

R*****d? Because that’s the only word that comes to mind when thinking about crypto markets this year.

[Moderator edit by @daira: please don’t use that word.]

Everything is correlated and sh*tcoins trade in lockstep with legitimate projects. At the best of times it can be frustrating and at the worst of times make you feel like pulling your hair out.

Holders of ZEC have never been rewarded since Genesis. Perhaps the initial crash from the artificial highs created by the “slow start” mining period had long-term effects on market psychology and the perception of ZEC. It’s been a losing prospect vs. BTC ever since the first week and so far shows no sign of reversing that trend.

Fundamentally, I’m one of the biggest believers in Zcash, but the current market doesn’t give a damn about fundamentals. I think anyone who expects a quick turnaround is headed for disappointment. When BTC breaks below $5000, it’ll drag ZEC below $100. Do I think this is justified? No, but it’ll happen regardless of fundamentals because there are very few investors in the current market, only a glut of day traders who care more about price action and technical analysis

1 Like

that is the most frustrating thing.

2 Likes

I don’t think sapling is a pumpable event

i also think we’re headed towards $40.

That being said, i started working 7 days a week with two jobs again in preparation for this big bottom. I plan on gobbling ZEC like a pacman

1 Like
  1. would be willing to wager on sappling/october pump.
  2. would take catastrophic failure to see $40 ZEC

gunna repost this …we’ve been here before, except at much crappier levels. only advice i can offer: hang-tight, and don’t lose your vision!

4 Likes

yeah 40 is a real possibility. just some simple math puts us at 184 million market cap if that happens(today). Which would align with most start ups. ZEC is an INSANELY COOL project and i’m 10000000% on board but the truth is out there. There is no adoption, its highly experimental, inflation, and its core functionality is not utilized, and most importantly the forthcoming Tether scandal that will make Mt Gox look like kindergarten. The entire cryptosphere is overpriced/distorted. 7 months ago, bitconnect was in the top 10 coins!

Prepare for more pain. Until a industry wide advancement takes place, everything will be tethered to BTC. Im talking like unicorn event - Zcash would need to solve the scalability problem, have like 500 million transactions per second (im clearly kidding but you know what im saying)

We have never closed below that black support line until a couple of days ago. Its been the ultimate launch pad, but it appears its broken. Not good news man.

1 Like

your black line doesn’t mean anything to me or the market. here’s what you need to look for… we’re in trouble if we cannot hold $127.00, but sub $100 is unlikely, imo.

side note - has anybody else done charting based-off market cap, and not exchange rate?

on mobile device, so this is ugly
this is what matters

2 Likes

I hope @kek you are right, if we fall below 100$ then its f…d

1 Like

CORRECTION: ETF i think has best chance of success is CBOE’s ETF. that approval will happen september 30, not 20th… weird how sept 30th is on a sunday.

i zoomed out for you

1 Like

…edited this out, because cringe level was too high, and i told myself i wouldn’t be like that on the forum.