Price Speculation

This is really a no$h1tter, but it underscores the need for ZCash to get their upgrades in place to facilitate “lightweight,” shielded transactions. My opinion is that BTC has never really been efficient as a payment mechanism. It’s way too inefficient - too much time, too many fees…bla bla.

This is what makes ZCash different. Should what they plan work, folks can make shielded transactions off their mobile phone, and do so reliably and efficiently. Though, I would never waste my Precious on coffee, especially Starbucks.

1 Like

I’m surprised that Coinbase isn’t promoting the Shift card as vehicle to use Bitcoin for everyday purchases. My IT supplier laughed after I bought extended support for my network switch with Bitcoin. My supplier is a local company that only takes cash and plastic.

1 Like

For some reason traders think ZEC has to be priced lower than DASH, which is ridiculous considering circulation and technology.

2 Likes

Too many people have been brainwashed into believing that cryptos are a “scam”…“ponzi scheme”…“based on nothing”. They’ve been lead down this path to their detriment. IMO it’s been a concerted effort by the Anti-Crypto crowd to brainwash the masses into believe another myth (and they believe in many!).

That people don’t take crypto for payment is strange, but I do understand when there are cases of informed folks who dont take it for the obvious reasons it’s still unsuited for use as money in commerce in many cases. That it’s too hard to turn it into fiat easily (if it is necessary for the user) and transactions take too long to verify and are costly are reasons why not to use it. I can see for those reasons people may want to still not take it. Compounding that is the TERRIBLY unstable value of the crypto space. That, in itself, is the most damning thing about it.

However, most ignorant “Joe Sixpacks” out there dismiss it out of hand as some scam since they’ve been conned. It’s possible that the very ones pulling off this mass brainwash operation are the same ones who are manipulating the dogcrap out of the crypto markets in order to fleece the poorly informed or impatient “crypto speculators too”…dunno…places foil hat on desk

It’s described as a zero knowledge proof from what I can tell, story points out as well

"Decentralized identity could also exacerbate the very privacy issues it tries to solve. If a user relies in a single identifier, as some identity systems have proposed, that ID could become a kind of “supercookie,”
So refresh often with these kinds of things

1 Like

The potential value of cryptocurrency exemplified once again.

BYOB

noticing a drop in volume. roughly down $25million… at this point, could mean anything, but in the past we’ve experienced unexpected drops in volume before an announcement. have a hypothesis insiders stop trading, so there’s no accusations of “insider trading”.
as-i-said before, at this point could mean nothing, but i did say i’d say something if i saw the “announcement pattern” forming.

3 Likes

Hope your are right.

Did you see there is a kekcoin

1 Like

There’s a ‘kek-cak’ algo as well… we just might be in the presence of royalty :wink:

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of the so called “royals” but i like where you heading with this

Some reading

1 Like

Kek should get a workplace at Zcash marketing department!

5 Likes

Just got the e-mail from coinbase that I can now use ETC Ethereum Classic.

The whole market is massively manipulated…

2 Likes

ZEC really underperforming lately, especially vs. BTC. Miners dumping their mined coins for BTC?

Manipulated obviously. It was pumped supposedly for the ETF announcement. It didn’t happen so it was dumped. Then we get the Bakkt announcement which is potentially better than a ETF and get no bounce from it. Unless traders are really this stupid, which I doubt. They are making more money doing what they are doing is why they do it. They are basically playing follow the leader whenever a whale is buying or selling like in the stock market where you ride the waves of the institutions moves. Traders don’t seem to care what coin they are trading nor the technology behind it. They clamor to get on exchanges, but that is only so they can sell their bags at a temporary high.

So it may not be actual manipulation per se although there are p&d groups that try to pump the market so once others buy in the original group sells. That is what I have learned over the past 8 months in crypto. I think most of these people want institutions to come in so they can dump on them as well and institutions are afraid to enter because of it. Whether we will get passed this and have actual long term investing in worthwhile projects is up in the air at this point. I hope Zcash, which seems like a serious institutionally oriented crypto, can help break through this cycle with its’ solid privacy and soon, with BOLT, scaling features.

1 Like

Not surprisingly,Asic miners dump zec easily,for they can get one zec below 4usd

Share souce.

Since I’ve bought ASIC I have never cashed out.
Power efficiency is so high that 2 weeks of mining is worth the eletricity all year round.

HODL to the moon!

4 Likes