NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

Also, I always run the master PSU through a Zwave controller so I have complete remote control of a rigs power via a smart phone and OpenHab or SmartThings etc etc. Normally my auto reboot sequence works on everything from the miner but a remote hard power kill is a nice safety feature when you are talking about these wattages (I travel a lot so I am paranoid about remote hard shutdowns, also have a webcam so I can check on things).

Plus you can automate things with ITTT so that for example the fire alarm will kill power to all the rigs if it goes off. Or if you have a mining system monitor it can shut down a rig if it detects a problem
(rasberry pie works great for this).

1 Like

Gigabyte GTX 1080 ti Auros cards have 4 year warranty no matter how much the overclock :wink:

I heard they’re a little bit noisy. Any comments ?

I’ve had sli gaming rigs through 680, 780, 780 ti, 980, 980 ti, 1080 and these Auros cards are by far the quietest out of all of them. The overlapping fan design must somehow reduce air turbulence very efficiently and therefore sound too.

Anyone ran a Asus GTX 1080 Ti Turbo before? My local distributor is providing me this as an alternative for the Asus1080 Ti FE. Not sure how effective it will be as compared to the FE

looks pretty much the same
https://www.asus.com/Product-Compare/?products=jkXGrxp17lHUXBxV,KIgPY6mQUx94UTL2&b=0

Hola muy buenas , yo tengo montados dos rig de 1080 ti cada uno con 5 gpu y otro con 5 1070 . Me estån dando actualmente unos 710 mås o menos en las 1080 ti y me gustaría compartir algunas experiencias contigo , te dejo mi correo ya que estoy muy interesado en ver cómo les podemos sacar las partido a estas Nvidia . Prgsoy@gmail.com . Contéstame en cuanto puedas . Un saludo!

I cant confirm this on my test rig, same GPU speed with CPU mining. Why is your CPU Sol so low?

Not sure. it is an old i7 bloomfield quad core.

I don’t know what the mobo and CPU is in my test rig. Its an old PC I took out of a research CT machine (not doing reconstruction, just system control). Has to be related to the PCI lanes of the CPU. Worth more research, could be valuable mining information.

I read it was 3 years on the website?

It can go to 800. I tried to see just for fun how high it can go without crashing.

le mande mi contacto a su correo

May i know more about your settings?
I assume u use the EXTREME version of 1080 ti and oc it right?

Hey I’m just about to build a rig I’m looking to buy something that could make 100 a day is these cards possible ?

2 1080 ti rigs, perhaps

OK thanks how much I’m looking to spend on that rig

You should need abt 4 rig (6gpu) of 1080ti to generate abt 100 per day. Each rig should cost abt usd$5,000 so you are looking at an initial investment of $20,000.

What could I get for 5000?

You can do a 6 1080 ti rig. It’ll make a bit less than $1k a month without counting electricity cost