NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

The first GPU is a 1080 TI Amp Extreme with default settings:

The EVGA cards are great, 750 Sol/s slightly overclocked and around 50C at 98% power.

The only issue is that you can only run 4 to a rig due to EVGA Precision software limitations. Other overclocking software doesn’t have manual control over both fans and the stock fan curve settings are not aggressive enough for mining.

That review is on the 1080 and not the 1080 ti btw.

I am kinda newbie to the business but i did build my Rig. 2x1060 1x1070 1x1080.
Haver tried overclock, underpower, etc to find my sweet spot.
I was able to get 560 1080 / 450 1070 / 300 1060 but around 80C with all fans at 100%.
At this point i have set all the fans on the Auto and i cant barely notice that the Rig is running. Everything nice under 65 and 480W out of the wall.

1 Like

I have two of the Aorus 1080 ti and one of them is running at 76 degrees C while the other is running at 67 degree C.

They are not near each other, not connected to the monitor, pulling same wattage and putting out the same sol/s.

Did you experience the same problem with the Aorus?

The hybrids? Worst investment for mining.

Had tons of problems. I was running them on a completely separate 20A breaker. More than enough for this one rig. 1600W EVGA PS2.

This thing only wanted to run 5 hybrids at once. Whenever I threw in the 6th one, it throttled so bad due to power. I was losing my mind.

I swapped out the riser, made sure EACH CARD had its own SATA power cable for the riser. Nothing.

Swapped the 6th card out with a normal EVGA SC ACX, and it was fine after that.

I don’t know, maybe it was my biostat tb250 board not liking them. But that was BS. Not sure how others on this forum are running 6-8 hybrids on one 1600W EVGA.

I am just going to stick with the EVGA SC ACX cards like I always have been. Works flawlessly.

I must say tho, in my hot basement, those hybrids run at 40c+ at stock settings.

Hey Cristiycv,

When you talk about First GPU, Are you talking about GPU0 ??

Thanks

Do you have both of them on risers?

Thought id add to the forum. Ive just started mining for the first time. 4 days in. 2 x Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Auros both over clocked. Averaged 1450 Sol/s. They run way too hot… Need to use a heavy duty metal fan to help keep temps below 80 degrees. Top card sits at 77 deg. bottom card at 66. Made 0.20 ZEC so far. Also have some work machines running over night on CPU and my NUC going 24/7.

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, about GPU0 ( 20 characters )

hi plangy, how is your room temperature?

Yup both of them are on risers

You really need to use 1x to 16x pci-e risers if you’re mining for extended periods of time. Your motherboard is going to get really hot and you could risk damaging it.

Room is pretty warm but with it being winter here now opening the windows up does a pretty good job :slight_smile:

Ye good idea however not too worried damaging the components tho as I work for a company that distributes these components locally so getting them replaced is easy as pie

One thing that is strange tho, hoping you guys might have seen before is every once in awhile either card core clock speeds can drop dramatically dispite usage staying at 100%. Its not temp related as its happened to both top and bottom cards. Particularly bad when I start tweaking and over clocking, the sol/s increases briefly and then a few minutes later core speed drop by like 500Mhz and sol/s tanks. Never seen this before unless I manually drop core speeds myself. Its kind of like the dynamically adjusted speed system that sets speeds based on usage and temp is busted. Restarting the miner doesnt help. Only to way to fix is to reboot then its back to normal. You guys seen this before?

1 Like

Had my 1080 ti hybrid running 790-770 sols with mem clocked 1000mhz and gpu clock at 130mhz at 120% power after a couple hours it stays at 55 C.

1 Like

I wonder if the thermal paste contact to the cooler isn’t 100% and it’s overheating. That’s my initial guess, but you’ll have to shut it down and open it up to find out. Might not be a bad idea to replace it with arctic silver just in case.