NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

Is there an attachment I can put on my 1080 ti to make it watercooled? I have an AORUS 1080 ti xtreme.

On founder edition cards you can buy the evga hybrid kit because it uses the reference PCB design. Im pretty sure the AORUS has a custom pcb so it wouldnt be compatible.

So small update, Iā€™ve split the two 1080 ti cards up. They were just getting too hot and the noise from the big house fan was driving me nutts. Swapped cards with another rig that had 2 x GTX 950s. So now each desktop has one of each card and running great! 950s at the top over clocked by 100mhz reaching 67 degrees. The 1080 TIā€™s at the bottom also over clocked by 95Mhz and sitting at about 55 degrees. Each desktop mining at about 900 sol/s and both CPUs mining too at about 35 sol/s. Funny thing is Iā€™m putting so much effort into mining but I still donā€™t know the process of turning ZEC into real money! Or maybe I shouldnā€™t do that at All? You guys think itā€™s best to just leave it in ZEC or should I exchange to bitcoin? Appreciate any feedback :slight_smile:

You should try at least one time I think

Do you know how? :slight_smile:

I think you put the fan in wrong way. This is an ā€˜inā€™ airflow but there is no ā€˜outā€™ airflow. I think you should use PCI-E riser or move to a customized rig for cooler temperature.

You can sell ZEC on kraken but you need to get verified

Thanks for the tip! Im running the fans at higher % to help keep the cards cool

Nah reason ive had to do this was because the motherboards Im using only have 3 slots between PCI x16 slots. Becasue the 1080 has a three slot heatsink Ive had to put it at the bottom so it can breathe :)ā€¦ The GTX 950s are much smaller and thinner so sitting at the top is fine.

Yep youā€™re right, using risers is the answer here, but seeings Iā€™m less than 1 week into mining Iā€™m still not sure how far I actually want to take it :wink:

How do you get verified on Kraken?

https://www.kraken.com/u/verify

Sweet ok done. Account created, logged in and teir 1 account verifiedā€¦ now what? Iā€™ve got $150+ ZEC I want to turn into actual USD in my PayPal account. Is that possible?

@Plangy Sorry you need to be tier 3. Iā€™m tier 1 since yesterday.
I found a easiest way with ā€œCryptonatorā€ you do a ZEC deposit and exchange to US Dollar or Euro. After, you do a US Dollar or Euro withdrawn to your bank account with a SEPA transfert.

I received mine the 3rd day.
Iā€™m french :slight_smile:

The first rule of thermodynamics will always apply (energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred) regardless of what type of cooling you use. How it relates to this is that basically for every watt of energy the computer consumes, it will release a watt of energy in the form of heat. Liquid cooling, hybrid cooling, and immersion are more efficient at transferring that heat away from the card, but it still remains in the environment (the room more or less). The only way to get rid of it is to figure out a way to transfer that heat out of the room (AC units use a head exhaust for example, usually out a window).

2 Likes

Wow this is great! Thank you for sharing your script! I edited it just a bit and am implementing it on a few of my ZEC rigs right now. The SMTP didnā€™t work with my regular Gmail account due to having 2-factor authentication enabled. It wouldnā€™t authenticate the send request, however I made a new gmail account without 2-factor for the miner bots to send from and it works like a charm so far!

You should throw it up on a Git Repo if you donā€™t mind sharing! I found it useful so Iā€™m sure others might as well. Iā€™d do it but I wouldnā€™t want to take credit for your work.

I owe you a beer! :smile::beers:

Iā€™ve been having trouble getting my rig of 1080 tiā€™s overclocked without crashing. Cards are Aorus, and most sol/s Iā€™m getting is 740 each. +350 Mem clock and +100 core clock is the most Iā€™ve been able to overclock without crashing, and it barely makes a difference.

Iā€™d appreciate any MSI afterburner preset or recommended settings to push these to around 770, 780 sol/s. Temperatures are pretty good so far so shouldnā€™t be a problem pushing them some more.

Carlos yo compre las evga 1080 ti founders, tengo 4 corriendo con una fuente de 1200w, actualmente las estabilice a 700 sol cada una, te recomiendo no subirle tanto dado que la maquina empieza a fallar, el windows se reinicia y dice que por problemas electricos etc.
Si quieres por interno regalame tu contacto directo y compartimos experiencias ya que voy a seguir comprando esta referencia

1 Like

Yo tengo el memory clock como en +350 y el core clock en +115 y todavƭa se me crashea. No se si sea un problema de electricidad en mi casa. Tengo 2 fuentes HP de 1200W y una EVGA de 600W. Me estƔn minando como 735 sol/s c/u a buenas temperaturas, pero he visto personas que sacan hasta 780 h/s con estas 1080 Ti Aorus, pero me siguen crasheando :confused:

SeguirƩ probando a ver! Gracias

Iā€™m glad someone found it useful. Itā€™s saved me a few times already. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll setup a repo for it this weekend. Iā€™m not really a PowerShell programmer, so Iā€™m thinking I might change the language to something Iā€™m more comfortable in.