Genoil's ZEC Miner

No need for a tip bud :wink: just happy I could help you, I know the relief when something is buging you and then someone helps you.
Happy mining mate, cheers

I’ll pay it forward then. Thanks again!

1 Like

On one of my rigs, the AMD processor is running at around 80-90%. I also had a Windows error stating I was running out of memory. There “was” a 4Gb memory module on the Mobo. I upgraded that and now the rig appears to be running fine, although the processor probably needs to be upgraded as well. Check your computer stats via Windows performance monitor. Not sure how that works in Win 10, but for the rest of us you right click on My Computer (icon), “Manage,” then click on “performance.” All the operational data is there.

Genoil stated that the program is not yet optimized so it is a bit of a memory and CPU hog at the moment. Hope that helps.

Im running 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 on the rig with 2 Fury X GPUs thats crashing for me so I highly doubt it. CPU is the same as the RX480 rig (4 GPUs)

2 Likes

Rig that crashes
i5 6500 - 16GB DDR - 2400mhz - 240GB SSD - 2x Fury X - Crimson 16.10.2 - Windows 10

Rig that DOESN’T crash
i5 6500 - 8GB DDR 2133mhz - 240GB SSD - 4x RX480 - Crimson 16.10.2 - Windows 10

Both on stock CPU and stock GPU settings with Genoil v4.1

The only difference is 4GB (Fury X) vs 8 GB (RX480) (+more cards on the rig that DOESN’T crash)

My hypothesis is a small memory leak.

1 Like

The only thing that would be different is the driver used. It is a real pain in the butt to roll “back” AMD Catalyst driver versions. I do not have any Fury X GPUs here to test with unfortunately. I am wondering if a previous version of the driver would work for the Fury X GPUs versus the most recent version. :frowning:

Have you tried the earlier drivers for the Furies?

Let me check the GPU memory usage from MSI afterburner and will roll back if anything funky doesn’t appear there.

Ok so
4x RX480 pagefile is 9700MB
2x Fury X is 5000mb

Nothing else seems different

1801mb and 1670mb max GPU memory usage on the Fury Xs

Roughly the same values between 1600-1850 on the RX480s

Let me rollback and get back to you guys

1 Like

Hey guys @Louie2001912 and @Bagdar13 whats the wattage on the card, temp? I am on Boysie v1 same from 29MH ETH its working 30s for me now. Before I flash something else I would like to know the wattage etc. How is memory controller showing the load?
Thnaky ou in advance

If you don’t have a Kill-o-watt meter download MSI afterburner and check GPU wattage.

I don’t know wattage, but I’m getting 63 deg C at 2000 rpm fans.

@trolloniex I usually stay away from 2 different softwares on the same machine. But I appreciate your suggestion. I am more worried about memory controller.

1 Like

Can you check using gpu-z? you can post screenshot of GPU-z

@Louie2001912 there are 2 Boysie v2 roms. 31.25 and 32 with WARNING WARNING message. Which one you using?

I’m running 31.25 because I didn’t trust the 32 settings, they are very high.

hey guys, there is someone claiming to be getting 120 or 130 sol/s on those 1080 cards…Will we be able to get round the same with the 470 - 480 cards?

I have a chance to buy a few cards at low price (470/480) but worried about the sol/s vs other cards…

mrb2h
For the record: I do believe 100+ Sol/s is possible on GPU. I am working on optimizations to get silentarmy to this level.

I also believe an RX 480 or R9 Nano can almost certainly beat whatever a GTX1070 can do because this Nvidia GPU doesn’t have a particularly high global and local memory bandwidth.

This was from the SilentArmy dev

Hey not really related but I would also like to buy like a few rx 470 I’m struggling to find a place, any advices (Canada or US)?

Jet.com, amazon.com, newegg.com

Yeah but it’s like 250 $CAD each card and I’ll like to buy a few with a discount if possible.