Flypool/Bitfly Miner Centralization

Some would say they are taking their Z9’s down to ship them to customers. Zcash difficulty is lower right now than it has been in quite some time. Flypool’s stratum difficulty is higher recently since we are getting less shares.

2 Likes

Hmmm, until someone doesn’t check all other coins on equihash and see how the hashrate is on them it’s a difficult question. From what i see about 1/3 of the hashrate is still present and 2/3 are gone somewhere.

In case the hashrate from that pool didn’t switch to any other equihash coin than other options could be:

• One thing that comes immediatly in my mind is indeed that the rumour, that asics that worked so far will get shipped and first shippement is prepared.

• The Asics are testing Flypool, compared to the last chart there seems a huge increase on Flypool. Not sure if this makes sense at all, but maybe it’s a possibility.Maybe testing how the Asics due in direct competition on the same pool?!

• The pool we think is bitmains pool isn’t bitmains but another one with gpu miners on it and switching? Many 1080ti’s are switching to Lyra these days for more profit…

That’s what i think could be reasons. Having in mind the statement of Bitmain that the miners most likely will be shipped way sooner than announced it’s a good chance it’s this. If the miners indeed get shipped the next week we know for sure it was this pool with bitmains ascis.

1 Like

Responding to my own post. The previous image was since block 0. @local_miner pointed out that this was due to address changes and was not an attempt by Flypool to hide overall network hashrate.

Here is an accurate 24 hours distribution:

1 Like

Can you give the link for that, pls ?

https://explorer.zcha.in/statistics/miners

It may take some time to load.

2 Likes

oh my…i’m clearly confused! :stuck_out_tongue:

I was too, found it out by accident, lol.

I took the time to list them all as by the last most actual 24 hours chart:

Flypool: 332
Nanopool:63
Miningpoolhub: 60
F2pool: 41
Bitmain?: 25
Unknown: 16
Coinotron: 11
Suprnova: 7
Unknown: 3
Unknown: 2
Unknown: 2
ViaBtc: 2
Coinmine: 2
unknown: 1
other: 2

Total: 569

Flypool: 58.35%

2 Likes

It has been confirmed that “t1ZYZS6ynUDbvht7vH3dMiM3rsAJ1p6EGWC” is a public Antpool for Zcash which has 1M Sol/s ~ 2M Sol/s of hashrate and has been around since Nov/04/2016 .

https://explorer.zcha.in/accounts/t1ZYZS6ynUDbvht7vH3dMiM3rsAJ1p6EGWC

“t1S4ydQEgzgLuWWvHiRBfcqW7AFE3RssVHy” (BITMAIN’s ASIC Private Pool suspect) is still unidentified.

2 Likes

What a good day to be a miner.

It’s safe to say that Flypool’s hashrate has increased since this post was created. I’ll interpret that result as the overall mining community not being interested in preventing any one pool from having more than 51% hashpower. :confused:

2 Likes

Still enjoying Nanopool :smiley:

1 Like

Nanopool was down for a while yesterday so betting many miners switched. Just checked stats & they’re still down a few Msols.

You seriously awaited something else? One thing i learned here on especially this forum that most are pretty good with decentralization arguments in theory, in practice only a handfull really care about it…

1 Like

I posted that on 11 April and have been mining on Nanopool since 12 April. It was easy to do and NP has been good.

1 Like

Jeps, but in the end it was just another day, with again lots of blocks :slight_smile:

Yup, I’ve been mining there for the last eight months & it works well.

The only two pools I ever messed with directly was Nanopool and Flypool and at the time FP was paying me more per day so I have stayed since. The one thing that I found in mining is the more hands off I am, the most consistent the pay is. Once I start/stop and switch things around, I’m managing this way more than I want. I have three machines full of 1080 Ti’s and I have found a balance that works without babysitting. Now if Nanopool is decisevely better, then it’s worth looking, but are they that much better?

Everyone that has switched has stated they are getting paid more(I am one of them)… is that better?

By switching you are helping to reduce Flypool’s +51% … is that better ?

Changing from --server us1-zcash.flypool.org --port 3333 to --server zec-us-east1.nanopool.org --port 6666 though I understand can be extremely time consuming, but since you can now copy and paste it … is that better?

If your rigs are stable it does not matter at all which pool you point them to, there isn’t any baby sitting … is that better?

Yes to all! If you’re having trouble switching, it could be your miner software
On Claymore you have to specify the pool you want in the epools file, otherwise it doesn’t work (if thats an issue for anyone)

Yes, switching multiple mining machines is not something I care to bother with and when running many of them side-by-side for a week, Nanopool performed worse for me.