Flypool/Bitfly Miner Centralization

i test few times last monts for 72 h every time on fp i have more profit / maybe i wrong somewhere i test again this days /
how much hash do you have ?

Could have to do with location as well, half of the entire Zcash hastrate is on FP Euro servers (last I looked anyways)
Yep

and i think that maybe this is the reason too .
who miner do you use ?

I use claymore on 5 AMD firepro w7000s, 1.45 Kh
Another <13hr payout

Any further updates after mining for about a month?

yep … 3.8% increase on NP over FP
I was actually doing the numbers last night to post today and got sidetracked

and other miners that I verbally talk to have also reported similar increases

1 Like

Sounds good. Do you really have to use an email address to change payouts?

I just created an anonymous email

My hashrate is still much higher on Nanopool, which causes more frequent payouts.

I’m fairly confident that Flypool is dishonest about their share reporting to the tune of 3-5% conservatively and 7% on the high end. This is from my own experience and I haven’t done a comprehensive study on this, but others have confirmed similar results.

Whether this “dishonesty” is intentional or a problem with their system is unknown. Further, I can’t speak for regions outside of the US.

Would you all check your hashrate vs. your payout on the pools? I am 12.5% below what it is supposed to be on Flypool. I want to see if the cryptocompare calculator is accurate.

You have to be careful using that with zec’s recent 45% increase. What it is showing now would not be close to the previous 30 days

1 Like

Pool centralization isn’t a big problem – people can easily switch pools if a pool ever acts up.

Hardware centralization, however, is a major problem because the only way to get rid of them is a hard fork.

I’m very curious as to why the current chart shows three different Flypool colors:
https://explorer.zcha.in/statistics/miners

It gives the impression that Flypool isn’t dominating the network’s hashrate. Note that Zchain is owned by Flypool and could have a conflict of interest to hide their real market share.

Flypool used to mine under the address “t1VpYecBW4UudbGcy4ufh61eWxQCoFaUrPs” til April 2018 (Yellow part), but recently they changed their address to “t1RwbKka1CnktvAJ1cSqdn7c6PXWG4tZqgd” (Red part)

Dark blue one is their oldest address “t1XepX38RxS3o5hLioLbaNb6Fa2Y2Be55xw”. They only used it til Nov 2016.

1 Like

So they now have less than a 50% share of the hash rate?

Yes, and No.

If you see the recently mined blocks, Flypool usually takes a half of the network hashrate and blocks.

But recently the unspecified pool (I’m guessing that it’s BITMAIN’s private pool) is taking quite a large amount of blocks under the address “t1S4ydQEgzgLuWWvHiRBfcqW7AFE3RssVHy”, Now Flypool barely makes their 50% hashrate.

1 Like

I’ve been mining on Nanopool for almost six weeks now.

Strange things are happening on Flypool recently.

First, there’s no more spike on the pool hashrate.

Many people have suggested that these spikes have been caused by NiceHash.

Oddly enough, NiceHash’s Equihash hashrate is going down.

“t1S4ydQEgzgLuWWvHiRBfcqW7AFE3RssVHy” (BITMAIN’s ASIC Private Pool suspect) is losing most of its hashrate, and Flypool is back to their over 51% hashrate.

I checked if “t1S4ydQEgzgLuWWvHiRBfcqW7AFE3RssVHy” was hiding its hashrate in other pools, but there’s nothing to be found.

https://zcash.flypool.org/miners/t1S4ydQEgzgLuWWvHiRBfcqW7AFE3RssVHy

If they are pool-mining under a different address, some pool’s hashrate would be skyrocketing right now. Clearly that’s not the case.

“t1S4ydQEgzgLuWWvHiRBfcqW7AFE3RssVHy” once had almost 50M sol/s of hashrate (10% of the network). Where did it go? It couldn’t possibly go to other mining network. ZenCash, the second largest equihash network’s hashrate is only about 60M sol/s.

Did BITMAIN shut down their pool? Did all of their ASIC miners suddenly break?

Any thoughts?