Zcash4win BETA is out!

still that critical error…

Thanks for the clarification and this is a great post!

do you have the original wallet.dat file? if you do you can drop it on another machine

sorry, they have to be in that location right now, it is hard wired in

although you can move it if you change the location of %AppData% for all apps, but that’s involved and you’d have to google how to do that, and don’t blame me if it blows up!

Thanks for making this GUI-wallet. Much appreciated. Works great for mining. . just updated to the latest version from an older version. Followed your instructions above ^^^^^ about Powershell…etc. Worked great.

D

1 Like

awesome!
I now have those instructions as my pinned tweet over on twitter

Безымянный
Good Day! When I want to make backup and to export keys out this post

You can backup the wallet.dat file by hand when the wallet is stopped, it is at %AppData%\Zcash\wallet.dat

Good. I noticed that despite this error, the files are saved in the C \ user folder. Let’s say wallet.dat I just copy to another folder from% AppData% \ Zcash \ wallet.dat and how do I save the Keys?

the keys are all in the wallet.dat and you can also export them one at a time in the “Own Addresses” tab, then select an address and click “Wallet->Show Private Key” to export the key for an indivivual address

I am wondering if I can transfer the wallet.dat file to the mac wallet? I just downloaded the zcash4mac but it seems like I can’t just copy the file from windows to my mac directly.

Please help zcash3 — ImgBB
:persevere:[quote=“radix42, post:498, topic:14155, full:true”]
the keys are all in the wallet.dat and you can also export them one at a time in the “Own Addresses” tab, then select an address and click “Wallet->Show Private Key” to export the key for an indivivual address
[/quote]

you can view the keys for single addresses and then import them over on the mac

see this post earlier in the thread:

okay great thanks.:grin:

you may only need to do the last step and not nuke the chain!

Hi radix42, could I use the address in this wallet to mine Zcash? I got the information on mining pool like do not use address of Zcash client for mining on pool. Thank you very much!

yes, most certainly, it is a full node under the hood!

I mean there are even people who diddle their zcash.conf and solo mine on it with a core for shits and grins, so yes, you can send pool payouts to it :slight_smile: