Price Speculation

: ) i’m not the big cheese, just vociferous, but thanks! i do belive governments, and large financial institutions will find interesting use cases for ZEC (additive manufacturing comes to mind)… companies that use bitcoin for payroll (bitwage) may find ZEC useful… and the darknet will also… alphabay was going to list it, and shadow brokers’ dump service has used ZEC (even found a use for the encrypted memo field)… this is off the top of my head. sure i’ll think of more randomly throughout the day

That’s a really interesting point about payroll. Potentially enormous benefit of ZCash… really helps me understand what Zooko meant.

I’m not sure I quite understand how the zero knowledge protocol can be beneficial outside of financial transactions yet. I obviously have a bit of reading to do.

I’m considering waiting until the very end of the month and changing all my BTC to ZEC. This BCC snapshot business looks like nonsense, and with any luck it’ll be the true bottom for ZEC.

I love your passion about this coin. It’s quite a technical coin compared to many others - so it can be quite difficult for the punters to see what makes it special.

3 Likes

DON Innovation: Block Chain imo, something like this is right-up ZEC’s ally… this way military can open public bidding with different manufacturers to fill contracts… companies would be able to anonymously bid/pay in real time, etc … ; ) i could get real deep into this, so, i’ll stop bothering you!

1 Like

No, not at all. It’s great to see some smart/insightful comments on ZEC’s technology.

You mentioned that anybody can build on ZCash. HUSH comes to mind.

Would someone like the NAVY not just fork ZCash to benefit from the technology? Kind of like how XRP might be great for banks, but these is a strong belief that banks would simply create their own blockchain using Ripple technology? When this scenario happens, aren’t XRP/ZEC holders left out in the cold?

Wouldn’t ZCash need to find its audience with end users and entities who don’t have the resources to create their own personal chains?

Appreciate your patience with these questions :slight_smile: I worry they sound like FUD. Certainty isn’t meant to — I already see tremendous value in the ability of businesses to process their payrolls anonymously into employees z addresses.

Today is the first time that I’ve seen the BTC price go in a different direction than the majority of the altcoins. Just an observation.

this is normal after major BTC corrections!! when BTC rebounds ; people convert their alts to BTC for a quick scalp. money always returns.

1 Like

anybody can fork zcash, but they cannot fork the scientists, development/engineering team behind zcash! also, the current version of zcash is vanilla… there’s cool research behind the scenes, like STARKS, and snarky signatures, etc … here’s a newer one I’ve just started reading Snarky Signatures: \\ Minimal Signatures of Knowledge from Simulation-Extractable SNARKs

EDIT - when i said build on zcash; i meant build within zcash ecosystem… for example, if i was a competent developer; i would build my product on top of the existing zcash blockchainl, not by forking zcash…

3 Likes

Why does Amazon spend top dollar on Google’s advertising service and not simply create its own search engine?

1 Like

Wave 2 of a New Elliot Waves Cycle

First Cycle finished.

Correction A-B-C brought the price at low of Wave 4

Which is EXACTLY how it was supposed

IMG_3453

Only for Zcash or? Can you explain these predictions?

1 Like

I still can’t shake my mistrust of technical analysis. It’s too close to apophenia for my liking.

2 Likes

I think these graphs are good to look at the past, not the future. Crypto trading may seem very much like Wall Street but like you said technical analysis of crypto does not work for me. It is too volatile.

3 Likes

My ZCash Technical Analysis is based on the Elliott Waves Theory Principles or Theory…

1. Every big Uptrend should be divided in 5 waves.
    Wave 1, 3 and 5 are impulses and waves 2 and 4 correctives.

Wave 3 and 5 should correspond with the peak of AO indicator ( exactly that )

1. Wave 3 should be the first very important move up ( bingo )

2. After Wave 5, a 3-Waves corrections should bring the price at the LOW of WAVE 4

Guess where the downtrend stop !! Exactly there

So we just did a first full cycle of Elliott Waves …

IMG_3381

2 Likes

If the next big move brings us to 318 USD before a Pullback, I hope you will believe in TA then

Interesting article…spread the word people…

4 Likes

My guess is that many of those who are actively and publicly attempting to discredit zec are actually accumulating it. It’s logical. But facts are easily accessible for anyone with an Internet connection. Zec has the best team and the best technology of all crypto, hands down.

1 Like

I’m all bout the better tech and better team and I’m confident it’s true, but it’s all I seem to hear from our side.

Please don’t assume that ZEC will be successful in the MARKET just because of the better tech and better team and better product.

DON’T let that make you comfortable - “oh we’ll be the best because we’re a superior product, so no need to worry”

History is littered with “better tech” losing out due to poor PR/Promo/Marketing or Poor user/market adoption.

Just my .02

4 Likes

HTTPS didn’t need PR.

@politico is right, @HumbleGuy … it’s like you can be the best artist there is out there, but if you keep painting and don’t show your work to other people, you will die an unknown artist.

So yes, of course we need a great PR team, good promotion and marketing, but you know what will make those teams lives easier? Having such a great product to sell.

2 Likes

@HumbleGuy thats true, but wasn’t HTTPS it the only logical step? and the s stands for secure right? I’m not really into that, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were multiple considerations of different technologies to implement for HTTPS.

Or is it just a platform that supports encrypting traffic in any way you see fit?

We definitely need more people to understand that the tech is valueable.