MSI Z270 PRO 4G Decoding Enabled problem

Hi @cryptomined, let me confirm if this is correct:

1. Make sure 4G decoding is OFF and no GPU is plugged in
  2. Install WIndows & shut it down when finish
  3. Plug in a GPU
  4. Install AMD or Nvidia drivers
  5. Shutdown Windows & plug in remaining GPUs
  6. Turn 4G decoding ON

and those GPUs should be recoginzed by Windows?

Thank you

its safe to start with 6 GPUs plugged in, that is, if you have problems booting with more (the m.2 ones)

1 Like

Thank for your clarification. I have some more questions please:

1. Is that means just make sure to have 4G off and it’s safe to have 6 GPUs plugged in then install Windows & GPU driver, then turning 4G on and it should work (at least in your case) ?

2. did you let windows download & install VGA driver automatically or using the AMD/NVDIA driver & install it yourself?

3. do you need to make additional changes to bios setting beside the 4G thing?

my motherboard - ASUS 270-A has 7 PCI slots, with 4G ON/OFF randomly (I don’t remember how I set it in order), windows boot up and recognize 6 cards only. I suspect maybe it’s driver issue.

Thank you very much.

1. yes correct

second 1 (cause you put two 1) - no you install drivers yourself from AMD or Nvidia

1. should be all you neeed, you can try to change PCIE gen and m.2 to pcie if your using the m.2

if its not recognizing afger driver installation, check device manager for other devicers, 3d controller or soemthing and manually install from update driver

1 Like

Hi,

I am not an IT guy. Facing issues.

When placing graphic cards on motherboard, there is no display coming on screen.Tried with one on PCIE 16 slot. All works normal without graphic cards. Updated & Changed bios settings as per discussion above. Still no results.

I have tried to construct a RIG - Components

MSI Z270 A PRO
8GB RAM 2400
I3 - 7100 - LG1151
1000 W- corsair
Sapphire Nitro RX470 4GB - Mining Edition- x 6’
Windows 7 64 bit.
Raedon Driver - 17.7.2

As screen doesnt startup with graphic cards, I am struck with it. No progress.

Please instruct on issue. Thanks.

Usually these cards do not have a displayport on them for you to connect a monitor to.

Since the motherboard see’s the card the settings are probably set to auto and is attempting to use the pci 16 slot.

Check your bio’s and make sure they default display is set to the motherboard.