Mining rig restarts with 6 gpus but 5 works fine

@kdepfyffer you statement of “(ETH -ZEC isnt paying enough right now)” if pure poppycock

I’m curious as to where you live and what you pay for power to make this statement
as of 05/20/17 5:00pm est
Zec = $107.00
ETH = $126.00

I have one AMD Fury rig that does 4,300 sol’s (and at current pricing) does $1,000.00 usd a month.

If your power bill exceeds this, you need to find Lance Armstrong and put him a closet to run a bicycle generator! He will work cheap and be glad someone ones him on a bike.

with 12 470’s today i get about $36 a day mining eth, i would only get about $24 a day.mining zec. my only point was regardless of what you are mining the MH/s to power ratio sucks ass in linux right now and btw I pay $0.29 a frickin kw every watt counts for me, i’m paying about $485 a month just for mining

Man,… they are telling you to bend over and grab your ankles then asking you to spell “run” three times!

lol no kidding, hoping to get a 17.5 kW solar system in sometime this year. should bring my bill to about 50-100 in the summer and about -20 in the winter :slight_smile: its a beautiful 95 here today and will be 110 in July, AC will be on continuously

I was having a million problems getting 6 580 nitro+ 8gb to work with a z170A gaming m5 mobo. I was FINALLY able to get all 6 working (I know this is a zcash forum specifically but this solution tested claymores dual miner but I dont think that should make any difference for this particular problem).

What I had to do:
1.)Set bios->advanced->pci settings ->set to gen 1, and above 4g disabled
2.)Get the 17.5.x driver +relive
3.)reboot
4.)DL Pixel clock patcher: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
5.) Run pixel clock patcher
6.)reboot to bios again
7.) Set bios->advanced->pci settings ->set to gen 2, and above 4g enabled
8.) Boot

Voila.

Not sure if all these steps are neccesary, but I had an issue where either there were some video cards not recognized, or if all were recognized a few had driver issues or it simply wouldnt display and boot fully. These steps solved these issues.

4 Likes

thanks, i think some others are having this problem and cant solve it also with that board, so I will link them to your solution

Hello jaycenhorton, I have the same problem but with ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMING cards, which is the OS that you have in your mining rig?

Mining rig works with 8 AMD GPUs and WIN 10 PRO but will not run the 9th card. I’m running the BTC H110 MB and two power supplies (1000 and 1500) watts. No matter which combination I use, #9 will not run.

I’ve gone through the one at a time process of adding GPUs. I’ve done this many, many times different power, cabling solutions but nothing works. I currently only have 4 GPUs connected to my 1500 watt PS so I know there is room for more.

Does any one know of a WIN 10 REG hack to allow more than 8 GPUs?

Thanks,

did you ever figure this out? i have the same problem with nvidia cards. 8 works fine, 9 or 10 cards show up in device manager but 0 cards show up in mining software. not in nicehach, claymore or anything.

OK everybody with an H81 pro btc v2.0, this may help resolve your issue:

I have been through the ringer trying to get more than 4 cards working with H81 pro BTC v2.0. After a ton of back and forth with Asrock support they sent me an updated / custom BIOS that added “enable 4g encoding” option just above the Auto/Gen1/Gen2 settings in chipset.

Note that this bios does not have the pretty look and feel as the 1.2, but all the same options. Here is the download link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=15578659339316454721

load this file onto a bootable usb (root directory) and flash it from inside the 1.2 bios.

btw: i see a lot of posts about all these bios tweeks and what asrock said was this mb was built to load all 6 gpu’s right out of the box without any tweeks. (still tweaked mine)

If this makes your day, please comment to this (so everyone knows its legit) and consider a donation: ETH: 0x6d3853a12899dad23c9768e1d3fc00e3c98c8edb

Good luck! -Rizzo

How to change BIOS? I have 3 AMD GPUs mining rig on Windows 10. The system starts and crushing.