Miner- Optiminer/Zcash GPU miner v1.7!

Might be networking is not up yet?
not sure if you can do something like
while (ifconfig eth0 down) {} ?

I thought that also. Try crontab with:

@reboot sleep 60 && /home/george/optiminer-zcash/mine.sh

Update: I plan to make again a publicly available version with better dev fee protection. It just needs some more testing before I can release it.

So long, thanks for all the kind words and the patience!

11 Likes

Thatā€™s super. Good luck with everything!

Good to hear. Canā€™t wait for the update.

What would the avg be for this type of card on a laptop that i wouldnt want anyway? GF108GLM NVS 5200

Well that is good news Optiminer as I am sure you are aware the vast majority of your users were happy to pay a fee and were not interested in hacking your software so when you pulled software it caused resentment with honest users, we need Optiminer software to keep development going between miner developers, welcome backšŸ˜„

great news!! good luck with protection.

can somebody send me v.0.6.0? pls for linux

Agree, the reason I changed to windows was that optiminer kept dropping one of my cards, causing 2-3 restarts per hour. Tried changing the risers/gpus/etc, nothing helped, while claymore runs very stable on the same setup. So I hope these issues will be addressed and possible fixed in the coming optiminer releases, would be great to return to ubuntu mining.

2 Likes

I happen the same multiple reboots, no version of optiminer worked for me. I hope allan improved that.

Thank you brother! glad you came around. can understand your frustration, but know there are always people who will support you regardless

2 Likes

Highly appreciate your decision :+1:!

Optiminer has been making ~$1000/day in ZEC developer fees and he pulled his miner. lol.

Yes, I checked the accounts his ā€œdeveloper feesā€ were going to.

Next time it would be better if he were more transparent about what exactly the fee amount is. And for all of those who say he did disclose the fee, noā€¦ he originally did not disclose the fee amount.

1 Like

Yes fee was not disclosed but forum users were able to ascertain it was 20% when first released and that was confirmed, he later reduced fee to 10% but by that point hackers were already looking into ways to reduce the fee themselves this caused Optiminer to withdraw from the community and left his paying customers with software that was slower and in some cases unstable, He has now decided to release a new version with better security and support his users again which is good news and will help in the development of faster miners for all,the fee of next release has not been disclosed and hopefully he will inform us when testing is Finnish I am looking forward to testing his latest build on windows

2 Likes

@GreaterNinja
Why exactly do you care how much he makes? He has developed something that you can use and make money for yourself. And he is pretty straightforward in the sense that the Sols/sec reported by his miner is correct, and you can check that on the pool youā€™re using.

Why is he making money? Because he has the ability to read a paper, the knowledge to code, the brains to turn an algorithm into code, and then optimize the code, and the will to sit his ass down and do it, instead of watching TV and bitching about how much money others make. Were you also complaining about how much Bill Gates, or Steve Jobs (RIP) were making? Do you not own an iPhone because Apple are making too much? If you donā€™t like the fact that someone is being paid for his work, just do not use his software. Sit down, read, learn, and write your own. Or use other software. Or use optiminerā€™s software (as you are probably doing) and stop whining.

7 Likes

Nice, and clearly statement.

Yes there asking same question about Claymore earnings over at bitcoin talk, we are better than that here I hope! His earnings are of no concern to users just what you pay to use his miner thatā€™s important and if you feel itā€™s to much there are other options the choice is up to the user.

Small farm 30.000H/s available for testing new optiminer version if you need beta test on a wider level.
Really appreciate optiminer and donā€™t understand people stilling dev fee, especially given the extra hashrate bonus we get each time you unveil an updateā€¦

1 Like

@agis
You seem to be pretty ignorant.

Optiminer was saying there is a developer fee. However, he did not say what percentage his developer fee was. Other users found out he was collecting 15-20% and called him out on it. As I understand it, he is still collecting a 10% fee.
Thatā€™s like going to a Nigerian bar in Tokyo and asking for a beer. Then, after you take a sip, you find out you are being charged $300/ beer.
If you are going to be doing business, itā€™s best to be upfront, honest, and transparent.

Anyway, have fun with being charged 10%-20% to use a mining program that often crashes daily and is reported to have a trojan virus in it. Iā€™ll be using Claymore v8 and Silentarmy instead.

Oh, and I find it ironic you say Iā€™m whining when its actually Optiminer who was whining.

He made 323.29 Zec at least $17,803 in 23 days from his shady developer fees (not including his licensing fee he charged others) and he said he was taking his ball and going home.

Well, guess what? Iā€™ve seriously decided to make a miner myself.

1. Optiminer who charges 10-20% fee for his ZEC of Zcash Miner
    https://explorer.zcha.in/accounts/t1RsS2XVTjEeGST1RdKzPRSu5GTu45WsqcU