Let’s talk about ASIC mining

Seems like you have got it wrong. Bitmain’s CEO has gone public in saying that Bitmain doesn’t use asics to premine in secret only to sell those asics later.

Source: https://www.ccn.com/bitmain-doesnt-have-a-secret-crypto-mining-operation-jihan-wu/

Now cryptocurrency world, most of community guys are not trust Bitmain anymore , from the rumors so long days of they did.
And, there’s another ASIC miners came out. also other asic vendor they privately mine with FPGA or Pre-production chipset.

It is ASIC has mined Zcash is clear! , How many vendors or privately mine ASIC or FPGA , we don’t know.
it is serious and public releasing ASIC devices will get half of network hash in shortly.

Hahaha. In the life of our planet I wonder how many CEO’s have not lied in public! Blind leading the blind!

1 Like

According to the readme for Optiminer ( https://github.com/Optiminer/OptiminerEquihash ), Their implementation requires more than 6GB. I don’t think that it’s a good idea to get away all cards except 1070/1080/1080Ti/470/480/Vegas. Personally I think, that the perfect way for Zcash will be checking if BTG fork will be OK and than do the same. As well as Litecoin is a “testnet” for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Gold(or any forking Equihash coin) is a testnet for Zcash.

2 Likes

Why would he be publicly lying about something that he can just continue to be silent about?

Wow again. It would effect the imagine of his company and sales! He would never admit to mining with the Asic’s he is selling to his customers! That would almost end his business. Nobody what’s to buy a product that is being sold as new but in reality are used. CEO’s lie all the time.

Do you believe everything Donald Trump say’s too?

@HumbleGuy @chucky732
|-)

I’m also self CEO of very little company, but not lie.
I’m also researching asic with my FPGA boards.

I think they already know several asic vendors’ and some miner makes asic and fpga for zec.
In view of production cycles, they researched evaluated Zec algorithm from 1year ago.
Because Bitmain and Some Mining device company is big vendor of Xilinx and Altera.
So, he has ready to production, making chip out is needs at least 3months. also FPGA developing and evalution , it takes at least 3months, even though they have platforms.
And, get information who are developing asic miners from seller indirectly or directly anyway.

So, He may think it’s time to market for sales it before others releases, so, he get a market leaderships.

It would be quite difficult for him to hide that kind of operation from others and to go out in public and lie about a huge operation that he has no obligation talking about would be laughable, possible but highly unlikely.

There been a lot of CEO’s that hid things for years then finally got caught. You just don’t believe CEO’s can do bad things. But there been Millions and Billions of reasons for them to do it.

In the same spirit why would he not ? Its business . If they are pre mining and a ton of ppl think they do , i believe that as well . And there were some ppl that were complaining that they actually received asic miners filled with dust and what not . If its manufactured and sealed why would it be filled with dust , from where did it come from ?

1 Like

For the reasons I just mentioned and more. No, it is bad business. Why would Apple deny slowing down phones and risk being labeled as liars AND be guilty of slowing down phones AND possibly blackmailed or whatever.

new asic miner 50k hash
http://www.innosilicon.com/html/a9-miner/index.html

Yep you can have it for the low low price of only $10,000.00

We are just re-chewing the same thing over and over. If you plan to do something bad u don’t go to the open public and tell them yes we pre-mine ,yes all your hardware is second hand. Just stop trying to protect asic manufacturers there. I will give u a good example When the reactor in Chernobyl ,Ukraine blew up in 1986 the Ukrainian government was keeping it a secret for 3 whole days. Why they didn’t tell at the time of the catastrophe ? And keep in mind that this is something very very serious and yet they kept quiet for 3 days . When radiation caught up to other countries and they started to investigate where the radiation is coming from only then did Ukraine tell that they had an accident. But I’m getting a bit off topic here. So yea if you do something bad you don’t need to go out and you wont tell the truth. If they are pre-mining on the hardware they are selling , that will be a white lie in the face of the CEO just so they can keep selling products. If you go out and confirm that you are indeed mining with the product that you are selling for thousands of dollars it will be a major break down for the company. Would you pay 850$ if you know that you are buying a second hand Z9mini ? Or would you buy a Z9mini at the price of 2000$ which was the price for first batch(keeping in mind that you will need to pay import charges and delivery charges and ofc don’t forget the extra 105 $ for the PSU)? You loose customers , you loose profit and most importantly you will lose also a lot of those “hard” earned money due to law suits. I hope i explained it well enough to you so we don’t have to go back to the same question again .

1 Like

Some just don’t get it or are just blind! I swear that some of these members work for Bitmain.

4 Likes

Now lets get to the question at hand why i think Zcash should fork off the Asic miners . As we all can see better asic miners are coming to life. One better then the other. We had first the 10 ksols one from bitmain ,then it came the 40 ksols and now the 50k sols from innosillicon. The team may think that the price for purchasing hash power will stay high for long , truth is it wont . For the short term yes ,then eventually it will fall down because lets be realistic no one will pay high amount of money to rent power in order to get less profit then what he paid for. Not to mention that eventually the difficulty will go so high that it will become like litecoin .The lite coin miners that bitmain is offering 580 Mhs for 920 watts i think , will bring you 0,90 cent profit a day after you pay electricity costs and it will cost you around 700 - 800 dollars to get one and it will take you 2 and a half years to ROI if the difficulty stays the same which it wont. In a few months these miners are going to be obsolete due to the difficulty increase . Some ppl from the team are saying that this is not going to cause centralisation , well i believe it might . Why do i think so you would say . Well on one hand and i see that a lot of ppl are seeing it my way as well. There is a limited amount of Asic miners that are available for purchase one more expensive then the other and some of us small miners like myself cant afford to buy such expensive equipment. The other thing is that you cant go into any shop and buy one so you can start mining like with GPU’s . On the other hand ppl with loads of money are also in the game some are investing in the currency some are investing in the mining equipment and still there will always be bad actors . Supporting Asic mining does not mean you are safe from attacks as i said Hash power will be expensive for a short period of time after the difficulty readjusts so will the price for the hash purchase . I think we should stick with the original idea of Gpu mining as more ppl can enter into the crypto world that way. GPU’s you can purchase in any country . Asic miners are forbidden in some countries . Also what i think will happen after these Asic miners
become obsolete for Zcash , bitmain will make a batch for themself which will be more powerful than anything seen before and they will take majority of your hash rate which screams centralization. At least that’s what i think . Oh and not to mention that there is also other coins on the equihash algo that are waithing for Zcash Team response and they will follow in your footsteps guys ! Also not to mention that you guys are giving up the war before the battle even begins . Think about it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bitmain has a long way to go before people will trust what they say - impossible to fix a toxic reputation quickly, it takes years.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that but these greedy GPU miners that will go out of business have secured the blockchain for so long . I think we should have a voice as well ! And further more these Asic miners are more greedy than us GPU miners . But i think we shouldn’t go that road with the names calling . And you as pro asic miner will be out of business faster than you think :slight_smile: I’m on the basis lets wait and see :slight_smile:

1 Like

You got that wrong. When Asic miners come in the gpu miners cannot mine anymore so who is the one making money? Greedy Asic! Remember we spend more for are hardware then the Asic miners do! Don’t BS anybody!!

2 Likes

We can still mine but very unprofitably therefore loosing the point of sticking to the given crypto and we will just need to move on . If zcash goes pro asic im out of here . I will pay 120-130 a month for electricity so i can make 3 a month that is absurd . As i said above same will be with the asic miners with all these high powered asic even the PRO ASIC in here will go out of business and will just throw the miner on Ebay and pray that someone will buy it .

1 Like