Genoil's ZEC Miner

Yes. I have a few things still on my list:

• match Linux SilentArmy performance
  • lower CPU usage
  • fix for 0sols bug
  • better initilialization routine

But I’m not so in a hurry any longer :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sweet. I’d like to switch back, but right now Claymore is more stable…

The Claymore is now stable.
But we hope to see your new version soon.
Thank you for your efforts!

I’m still using genoil 0.41 which is more stable for me than Claymore.

I would use genoil over Claymore any day. I dont respect Claymore’s charging for open miner fee. If Genoil can do it so can Claymore. We will pay for the mining as we please , it should not be forced. Before we pay Claymore we should pay Silentarmy, MRB, and all of those who developed all the algorithms and layed down the groundwork. Anyway 2.5% is steep. I am alright with 1%

Do realize how small 2.5% is? On a card that gets 50 sols/s, that leaves you with 48.75 sols/s on Claymore’s miner. That is still faster than anything Genoil’s miner can achieve on my card at the moment. I’m lucky to get 40 sols/s on his miner. I’m not criticizing Genoil’s work, I’m just stating facts. I believe Genoil’s miner and the other Zcash miners will catch up eventually. We just need to give these developers a little time. Genoil has made it pretty clear that he does have some improvements on his to-do list.

Is there a way to tweak Genoil/ZECMiner to work with Nvidia Cards?
Anyone with similar experience, should please help…

there is no cuda miners for now , only miner that works (if you can call that working) is Releases · nicehash/nheqminer · GitHub

@mo35, thanks its really interesting to note it will take this long for a cuda miner to come onstream

I’m looking for someone with a rig that used to have fairly predictable 0.0sols/s behaviour to test a few improvements to the watchdog. PM me if you’d like to help out.

I can personally grind my miner to a halt by launching a second instance, but that is not exactly a stuck thread. If you know a reliable method to get a thread stuck in an OpenCL call, I’m also interested!

1 Like

Turns out it was a really stupid bug that I didn’t catch in the logs properly.

Meanwhile competitive offerings have become twice as fast, so I got work to do :slight_smile: before I release anything.

4 Likes

I have faith Genoil. You’ll figure it out so we can push Claymore back out and you and SilentArmy will be top again.

Naw, the competition is only 75% faster for me. Err…wait…175 * 97.5%…right they are only 70% faster :smiley:

Here is a nickel for your efforts!

bc06dff209d2e4e8fa02d854714f6a9cd714cfd23296658bc5d358e696e82b39

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m fairly new to mining but I’ve managed to set up a mining rig with a 390x and a RX480 getting about 55 S/s from both cards. I’m using Windows 10 x64, 8GB RAM, Genoils ZEC miner 0.6 with the Suprnova pool.

The problem is, I don’t seem to be getting much from the pool, I know they have had problems over the past week but my question is…

Do I need to have another command window open to continuously download the blockchain for Zcash on my mining rig separate from the ZEC miner or does the miner do that for me?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello. Can you compile your silentarmy windows branch with OPTIM_SIMPLIFY_ROUND 1 ?
Thanks!

Nope, that’s only if you’re solo mining. No need to run a node when you are mining to a pool. With 55S/s you should be getting about 0.01 ZEC / day according to http://www.whattomine.com/. With Claymore’s miner you should be able to get ~55S/s per card…so double. Check here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1670733.0

I have added a sa-solver1.exe to the repo that has the flasg set to 1. you can swap it around with the sa-solver.exe that’s already there. not the most elegant way, but i don’t feel like poking too much in mrb’s setup now.

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

not the right place, but could you look at pull requests for ethminer 1.17?
people, myself including cannot build it because your build refers to non-existing directories; json-rpc-cpp-dev name was changed twice recently plus something else.
make (as described on ethpool and your github) does not function even after downloading correct dir.

thanks, a fan

I should get a *nix system setup and get rid of those issues forever. So what should I get Ubu 16.what?