Best GPU for ZEC/ETH? (No electricity cost)

I find that the miner window can be extremely glitchy. Especially if you scroll around in it or click directly inside the black area.

Sometimes if I accidentally click in the miner’s window, it will not continue until I hit “s” for statistics, then it starts again. So I just turn the miner on and leave it. I don’t bother it at all anymore. Unless I want to see the stats, then I touch on the titlebar OR I just minimize the window and don’t other. Perhaps this is your issue?

I agree with @nekkidtruth, once it’s running do not touch the command window (mining window) screen, it will glitch out…

now that you’ve put the cards back to stock, run them and see if you have any issues, if not then that was your problem. Once you know, then you can start increasing the overclocking to see where it is stable

@nekkidtruth
many thanks, but if i not press “Enter” or some thing, it not work again

U can see in a share chart :((

@CitricAcid ok ! many thanks
I will try it

Thanks everyone
It working ok !
Many thanks !

New to mining what to know whats needed to build a rig to make 100 a day ?

Hi everyone ,
I want build a rig with ZOTAC Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Single Fan
someone use it before ?
could use send me some info? how many sol /card ? temp ?
and could u expland for me: core voltage ? used for ?
many thank!

@Cryptohminer I canceled the last order with the wattmeter at the value drop [quote=“jimmy97one61, post:115, topic:16302”]
1x Wattmeter
1x Corsair AX1500i 80PLUS Titanium
1x Intel Celeron G3950 (3.0 GHz)
1xCrucial DDR4 4 Go 2133 MHz CL15 SR X8
1x ASUS PRIME Z270-A
1xMSI GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC
[/quote]

I’ve kept this one:
7x SATA to 6 pin PCI-E Riser x16 to x1 USB3.0 http://amzn.to/2s8PVDS

And I ordered this one today with 7% discount:

1x Corsair AX1500i 80PLUS Titanium Corsair AX1500i 80PLUS Titanium - Alimentation PC Corsair sur LDLC | Muséericorde
1x Intel Celeron G3900 (2.8 GHz) Intel Celeron G3900 (2.8 GHz) - Processeur Intel sur LDLC | Muséericorde
1xCrucial DDR4 4 Go 2133 MHz CL15 SR X8 Crucial DDR4 4 Go 2133 MHz CL15 SR X8 - Mémoire PC Crucial sur LDLC | Muséericorde
1x ASUS PRIME Z270-A ASUS PRIME Z270-A - Carte mère ASUS sur LDLC | Muséericorde
7x GIGABYTE GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC 8G Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8 Go - GV-N1070IXOC-8GD - Carte graphique Gigabyte sur LDLC | Muséericorde (the cheapest available before my order sorry gamers :joy:)

I’m waiting each in about 7 days

What you would build today to make $100/day, wouldn’t make you $100/day tomorrow. That’s not quite how it works. The value, difficulty, luck at the very least continuously change. Example: Last month my rig was making $20/day. I spent $2000 on new equipment and added it to my pool of miners and I now make…$20/day.

I recommend thoroughly reading about how this all works before diving in.

1 Like

Hello!

I’m looking to build a mining rig with 1070’s.

Could anyone recommend a build? I’m fairly new at this and don’t want to buy parts that are not compatible. haha

4 1070’s should do alright?

how do you guys think that 1070’s will perform going forward with the difficulty increasing continuously over time? Should they be fairly profitable for a while right?

I am mining just now with a 1080 & 1080 ti with my desktop and quite pleased with the results.

Any advice that anyone can offer will be gratefully recieved! :slight_smile:

Hello all,

I use GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme Edition
I bought this card because it has high base and boost clock speed compared to other 1080 Ti in the market.

With stock speed, I get average 31 MH for ETH and around 740 sols for ZEC.
Mining wattage is around 284w.
It is quite high power draw.

Currently mining with nicehash miner, got average USD 5 daily in bitcoin.

I am planning to buy more GTX 1080 Ti but may I know, the hashrate is totally depend on what?
Is it depending on clock or memory speed?
What happened if I buy the cheapest GTX 1080 Ti in the market?
Will give impact on the hashrate?

Those are just artificial numbers designed for marketing, and playing games for a few hours. They are not that important for 24/7 mining over many Moons. Also, what is the Guarantee cover for your new Card? Make sure it has the full 3-Years (and not the 2-years or less with some vendors).

The 1090/1080Ti cards are very inefficient at Max output. Check the forums. Many users dial the Power/Temp down to about 60% (or less). The output goes down to about ~ 600 Sols/s, with Power ~150w. But the Sols/Watt is much better! You’ll need to do some testing.

Memory Clock is much more impactful on Mining Output than the Core/Gpu Clock speed.
Suggest that you get the GPU with the best Warrantee, and the best Cooling.

I play around with the power output.

stock 100% power, 288w, I get 720++ sol/s
reduce to 60% power, overclock memory 200mhz, draw 188w and I get 655++ sol/s

i save 100w, and generated less 65 sol/s

Nice! Thou you can probably do even better than that by testing /adjusting. For most punters, the Power & Efficiency does matter - Even thou this thread says “No Electricity Costs”. Also, running at full tilt for long durations may burn-out the GPUs. Suggest to try upping the MemClock, and lowering Power until you reach instability.

I increased the memory overclock in 100MHz increment from 200MHz to 600MHz with 60% power but the hashrate does not increase much except if I increase the power to 70% then the hashrate will hit nearly 700 sol/s…but it will draw power around 210w and the efficiency is not as good as 60% power.

Anyway, which GPU is cheap and can mine ethereum at 31MH or more?

Hola Carlos, una pregunta ya lograste instalar tu rig con las 1080 ti? yo acabo de pedir unas y todavia estan en camino. Que miner estas usando, he leido que EWBF y nicehash eqm son buenos, pero ultimamente supuestamente se estan desconectando? Saludos tbn desde Venezuela.

Hello, Im just starting on mining Zcash and I was wondering what miner were you using. Ive read about EWBF or Nicehash eqm, but there are a few posts about them crashing constantly. Thank you.

Epale! Ya tengo casi dos semanas minando estable con mi Rig de 7 1080 ti y todo bien. He estado usando el EWBF y me ha ido súper bien, esta pagando un poco bajo pero es normal con cómo están las monedas ahorita. No he tenido problemas de que se desconecte nada

buenas tardes amigos como estan, quiero que me ayuden en eso de la mineria pues es laprimera vez que quiero intentar eso; alguien me puede ayudar compre una tarjeta zotac 1050 gtx de 2gb quisiera saber si hay alguien en este foro de vzla para que me explique

Hola Carlos, Buen Dia, te queria preguntar como hiciste para traer esa cantidad de Tarjetas, que courrier usaste que no te saco los ojos con el Impuesto?

Una empresa que se llama venegroup, me cobraron como $160 por traer todo y muy rapido