Zcash4win BETA is out!

Yes, something is wrong. But it’s resolvable with a little research. When I say “a little research”, I mean just that. The resolution is all over these forums (and now in another place since I’ve updated the Common Questions and Answers thread).

I don’t have time to search, just going to be done with this crap and move to Linux. The advice above is wrong not eve. The right file name. Anybody know how to really fix this?

Which filename is incorrect? I have no issues correcting a mistake.
If you don’t have time to search, I don’t have time assist you. That’ll be all from me. Good luck!

1 Like

follwed the direction to a tee, nothing but errors. I don’t even see any files named zcashd.exe in that folder. Sorry but I very frustrated. I had no idea this was that unstable. I need to access my wallet to get out of this nightmore. People can’t have wallets that just stop working every two days,. Where do i find the file zcashd? are they talking about zcash-cli.exe?

Shut down the zcash4win wallet.
Open up Powershell.
Run the following command: C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app\zcashd.exe -reindex -showmetrics=1 -daemon=0
Allow it to fully sync. You’ll know when it’s done as the block height will match that of the network.
Start up zcash4win. It should start up without issue.
If you still experience issues, please use the official zcash4win thread. There’s no need to post multiple threads all over the forums. That thread can be found here: Zcash4win BETA is out!

C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app\zcashd.exe -reindex -showmetrics=1 -daemon=0

This command fails when ran is PS as an admin. Am I missing something here?

In Powershell try:

cd "C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app"

then

zcashd.exe -reindex -showmetrics=1 -daemon=0

Does that work?

No errors , I guess its running. How long should I wait for it to launch the gui version?

Thank you so much!, I hope this fixes it

No problem. Thanks for pointing out the error in the instructions. I’ll update it. You’ll have to wait until it syncs. With the daemon you’ll have to wait until the block height reaches the same as the network’s. It can take quite a while.

I totally get that it’s frustrating and it doesn’t help that the wallet was updated so close to the depreciation of the previous version. But the wallet is stable and works fine. I’ve been running it for nearly a year now. Keep in mind the GUI wallet may not pop up on it’s own when sync has completed. Do not run it until the daemon is fully synced though.

Ok great, I will get some notification in the ps Windows it’s updated?

In some cases the GUI for the wallet appears, in others it doesn’t. Just keep an eye on the chain height at https://explorer.zcha.in/ and check it periodically with the chain height in the daemon.

Makes perfect sense, sorry to ask, do you have a list of switches? I wanted to look up the chain height command :), new to zcash sorry to lean on you so hard :slight_smile:

I just posted this for someone else. I highly recommend you take a look through the links thoroughly to get a better understanding:

That is more than enough to get your started down the correct path!

1 Like

Howdy, I’ve installed GUI wallet 1.0.12, and it got stuck on 44%, and its been 2-3 days already. What should I do. Please help, coz i’ve been mining to wallet and now I can’t get access to it due to this problem. Win7x64, 2GB RAM, AMD Athlon II X3, Kingston SSD, And considering that one guy with 8 GB Ram has exactly the same problem its not because of lack of ram gb. I 've already reinstalled it and reindexed it, last time i got almost 50% and then daemon couldn start so i deleted everything except wallet and started all over.

@anon47418038 or @nekkidtruth would it be possible to post some sort of a bootstrap block file for those having problems with syncing? Like other wallets have. I’d gladly post mine but 1) you are likely more trustworthy 2) I don’t know which file(s) 3) don’t know if it is even possible

My wallet is stuck on 44% as well. I tried every possible recommendation on this forum (and yes I spent hours reading through) and still never syncs completely. So far I tried 1.011 and 1.0.12 and uninstall/reinstall application and tried sync process through cmd as well. At this point I’m not mining to GUI wallet since it is not certain that I will access to it or not.

Same problem here, Its been days of trying to sync and im also on the new 1.0.12 software. I have about $100 worth of Zcash that was sent to the wallet and I still cant see it. Not sure what to do.

You’re not sure what to do? 11 posts above yours gives to explicit instruction on what to do. It’s just a matter of searching and reading.

i tried that and received a error. Said something about zcashd.exe. Sorry not next my pc right now. The error I get is below.

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\SERVER> cd “C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app”
PS C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app> zcashd.exe -reindex -showmetrics=1 -daemon=0
zcashd.exe : The term ‘zcashd.exe’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1

• zcashd.exe -reindex -showmetrics=1 -daemon=0
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (zcashd.exe:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command zcashd.exe was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: “.\zcashd.exe”. See “get-help about_Command_Precedence” for more details.
PS C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app>

yeah if you are launching it on the command line in PowerShell you need to type:

.\zcashd.exe -reindex -showmetrics=1 -daemon=0

and if in good old cmd.exe as your shell, it is just:

zcashd.exe -reindex -showmetrics=1 -daemon=0

long sigh

1 Like

Perfect thanks. Now its running again. So I just let this do its thing and it should work after?