Zcash4win BETA is out!

Can you actually tell us which folders/files need to be moved (i.e. are created by zcash4win) from %AppData%? Surely not entire folder is needed for zcash4win to function - we can easily create symlinks to those and point them somewhere else, where storage is abundant.

I’ve tried the symlink trick with no luck, its not the same at all on Windows, and this is cross-compiled linux software that is not happy with Windows’ version of them :frowning:

and you can only move all of %AppData% in the bowels of the registry/admin tools, not just one app’s subdirectory

So how many Confirmed transactions on zCash4Win should I let build up?.. I have 0.84 at the moment,. … so just a few questions… Should I trade these out?.. or should I keep them in the wallet,.and is it safe?

Hi! When I want to make backup and to export keys out this post:
warning
Thanks a lot!

@anon47418038 just FYI I can send to and from my transparent address just fine. I can also move funds from the T address to my Z address. My only issue is moving funds out of the Z address. It will not let me do so. "“ERROR 18: bad-txns-joinsplit-requirements-not-met”.

Ugh, that happens when there are lots of small notes in the zaddr and you
need to make it a smaller send amount :worried:

I have tried amounts of 1 ZEC, 0.5, 0.1, nothing will send I keep getting the same error. I have 10 + zec in the z address. Will a future wallet or Zcash update enable me to easily move my cash out of this address? its 100% stuck! - I am in no rush to move the cash.

I just read that zcash4win doesn’t need to be running at all, when ewbf is running on flypool? So if I close zcash4 win for several days, and run ewbf on flypool,. does it just ‘pick’ up my amount?

thanks

The wallet will sync to the blockchain the next time you open it. Depending on how long you’ve left it offline, it could take a while to reach 100% again. So if you were in a rush to move your ZEC (for example), you wouldn’t be able to do so until it was fully synced again.

update: have fixed my wallet and gained access to my cash by importing private key into another wallet on a separate computer. I first tried to download and re install on the same PC + import key but that did not work.

Side question
I like the app everything works but I notice it’s very CPU heavy
When GUI runs i cant use any other tasks on Acer switch 12 i5 4gb ram
What is the general advantage for amateur user like me with very small transactions in comparison to for example a wallet at coinimi

I’m trying to move datadir from my C drive to D drive but the GUI does not pick up settings from deamon.
I did:
zcashd.exe -datadir=D:\path\to\wallet -daemon=1
then I start the GUI with:
zcash4win.exe
and I get “The was a problem communicating with the ZCash deamon/wallet. Please ensure that the ZCash server zcashd is started…”

This is literally answered no more than 10 posts above (and multiple times through this thread and throughout this forum).

The directory cannot be moved. You cannot symlink to it. You have to change the %AppData% in your Windows Environment and even that isn’t guaranteed to work. @anon47418038 is working on a solution but it’s not available yet.

OK but I can operate my wallet (make transaction f.e.) by zcash-cli.exe -datadir=D:\... and commands to the deamon?

Apparently you missed the part where I said it doesn’t work. You cannot change the directory.

Apparently you did not understand what I’m trying to achieve. You can run the deamon with new datadir just fine, only the gui is lacking. Then you can make transactions etc, with the zcash-cli.exe -datadir=D:\.. <command>.

We’re all aware the GUI doesn’t work. That’s the point. That’s what is being said. It does not work. You’re the one the ignoring this fact while playing with the daemon which isn’t the issue. So once again I repeat, zcash4win does not support a different directory.

I have question to Radix, do you have plan to release new version of wallet before block 239776 ?

ori

Yes! Monday at the latest

2 Likes

that is great ! thx radix :slight_smile: