Zcash4win BETA is out!

I am guessing it was a bunch of small amounts that got shielded to that zaddr over multiple t->z sends

Which makes the proof generation inside the JoinSplit take…well sometimes too long before the next block arrives…which can trigger the “input notes do not share the same anchor” error

To try and speed it up, try on a freshly booted system with nothing else running, and try sending much smaller amounts (like 0.1 ZEC or so, then work up from there).

1 back up the folders, just in case
2 use the export wallet function
3 uninstall your zcash
4 install again zcash
5 use import wallet function
6 wait for the block chain to sync so you will get all your coins and
synced 100%
7 try sending

Bottom line. Don’t copy past wallet.dat. use export/import functions.

Hi,

I have problem starting this up. After the proving key is verified I’m presented with this:

It just hangs there indefinitely.

Any help? I installed the latest v1.0.11

Nevermind, figured it out by running the JAR directly in the cmdline so I saw it was not happy to be unable to find the zcash.conf file. I ran the first-run.bat file in the app dir (needed to enclose the paths in “”) and it’s resolved now.

One more question. How do you encrypt the wallet(s)? It seems the menu option is always disabled.

wallet encryption is not supported by zcash yet due to how private txns function internally, that’s on all platforms

:frowning:

• Warning: This version will be deprecated at block height 239776, and will automatically shut down. You should upgrade to the latest version of Zcash. To disable deprecation for this version, set
    -disabledeprecation=1.0.11.

Any news about new version of ZCash4Win?

1 Like

It’ll be out before that block height, which is approx 2 weeks from now, no worries

It worked.
Thank you.

Is there an easy way for me to move the directory of the wallet and blockchain to somewhere other than appdata?

No, you have to move %AppData% for everything for your user account, not just the Zcash folder…and that’s some Windows surgery that you do at your own risk!

@anon47418038 how will the powers of tau hardfork impact the zcash4win wallet? - will we need to do anything to move funds after this new set up is complete? - thank you very much

Hi all,
Tell me about recieve payments:
What is the minimum zcash can be recieved to the zcash4win wallet (I have use zcash4win v1.0.11)? I first time use mining pool, the pool is already have pay out one transaction amount 0.00181 ZEC. As far as I understand the wallet can recieve only more than certain amount, how much it?
Must the zcash4win wallet be online all time and be online when the pool pay out to wallet?

Thank you in advance.

Zcashco haven’t 100% nailed down how exactly the Sapling hard fork will function so far as having to move funds or not

1 Like

zcash4win can receive any amount, there is no minimum…that’s all pool related stuff, contact your pool operator

A noob question. For the sake of clarity, I’m using flypool mining pool, they sent me 0.01 ZEC, the transaction is confirmed also on https://zcashnetwork.info/ but when I open zcash4win (1.0.11) the wallet is empty… How does it work exactly? How long does it take for tx to appear in the wallet (in other words, when will I see it in zcash4win desktop app)?

Is your wallet 100% synced? If no, you’ll need to wait until it’s fully synced (or close to it). If it is already synced, you may want to check to ensure you sent it to the correct address.

What do you mean by synced? Does it require some manual action on my side? Or is it automatic? Does it (the app) need to be opened at all times?

You will see if it’s synced to the Blockchain in the bottom right hand corner. If it doesn’t say “Blockchain syncronized: 100%”, it’s not synced.

Hmm, IIRC it was synced when I was asking the question. Can’t check it now, because the zcash4win is again stuck :frowning: It hangs indefinitely on this log line:

c:\Program Files\zcash4win\app>java -jar ZCashSwingWalletUI-combined.jar
Starting ZCash Swing Wallet …
Current directory: C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app
Class path: ZCashSwingWalletUI-combined.jar
Environment PATH: --omitted–
Dec 09, 2017 1:28:27 AM com.vaklinov.zcashui.ZCashInstallationObserver
INFO: Using ZCash utilities: zcashd: C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app\zcashd.exe, zcash-cli: C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app\zcash-cli.exe
zcashd is not runing at the moment or has not started/synchronized 100% - showing splash…
Splash: checking if zcashd is already running…
Splash: zcashd will be started…

@anon47418038 Any help with this?

EDIT: Solved again - I tried running zcashd.exe, it immediately failed saying:

c:\Program Files\zcash4win\app>zcashd.exe
: Error opening block database.
Please restart with -reindex to recover.

So I ran it again with the -reindex switch and Swing app started and is now saying

@anon47418038 alright thank you for the reply. I am also getting an error when trying to move from a shielded address. “ERROR 18: bad-txns-joinsplit-requirements-not-met”. Not sure what to do here.