Zcash4win BETA is out!

Hi what not show my balans?

Andā€¦ never mindā€¦ I just saw it update!

1 Like

Some questions:

1 - ā€œEncryptā€ under Wallet is greyed out. What needs to happen to change that?

2 - I want to automatically backup my wallet every time interval at my choosing. Is there a way to do this without doing it manually?

3 - If I backup my wallet.dat file, how do I import it? Do I just overwrite the one there? I donā€™t like that plan for obvious reasons :confused:

Tx for any help!

1. I might be wrong, but if I remember correctly thereā€™s no way to encrypt that way currently. The only way to encrypt the wallet at the moment is by encrypting the entire drive using a third-party to do so. Iā€™m sure @anon47418038 will chime in on that though!

2. Thereā€™s no way to do that through the wallet itself. You could automate the process using any backup software though. If you arenā€™t backing up your entire drive already, you could point the backup to that specific folder and have it back it up. In some cases, the wallet.dat file directly.

3. You simply overwrite the wallet.dat file in the directory with the one you backed up. For example, if I install zcash4win on another computer, I just copy over the wallet.dat file and start up the wallet. It will automatically detect the wallet and import the balance and transactions.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi

I am getting an unexpected error occurred while updating the gui wallet.

I tried this

cd ā€œc:\Program Files\zcash4win\appā€
.\zcashd.exe -rescan -daemon=0 -showmetrics=1

It is running and I will report back

Hi

I ran .\zcashd.exe -rescan -daemon=0 -showmetrics=1

And got an error, here is part of my log.

I am trying this

cd ā€œc:\Program Files\zcash4win\appā€
.\zcash-cli.exe stop

and then delete everything in %AppData%\Zcash\ aside from wallet.dat and peers,dat, and then relaunch zcash4win

Man I wish I could get radeon GPU drivers working in linux. Grateful for this work tho.

Hi

I removed everything from %AppData%\Zcash\ aside from wallet.dat and peers,dat, re-ran zcash ans this is the result

Here is some of my logfile (I think it captures everything). The times do not match my local, I assume thatā€™s expected.

I restarted and now the block-chain is synced, I will report back as I mine today.

Hi Radix.
canā€™t send cash. Transparent balance is reduced but there is no information about the transaction on the blockchain.
what could be the problem?

I am now at 100%, have not mined enough yet to get any zec in wallet but hopefully soon! I will report back if any issues. I am a tad worried I have a corrupt DB still, would really like Radix / someone to take a look when the chance arrives.

Are you synced to 100%??

Yes of course, was sync to 100%. solved the problem by running zcashd.exe through PowerShell and then was able to send through Zcash4win.

(in debug.log : socket recv error An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (10054) )

Also had to restore a copy of the wallet and re-sync blockchain for the correct display of the balance in Zcash4win.

I made a transaction on zcash4win with the commission as before, but the transaction is hanging in unconfirmed reasons why tell me what to do

just like with bitcoin, if it hasnā€™t been mined, you have to just waitā€¦miners can use any arbitrary method to select transactions in a block to mine, and some pools donā€™t mine ones with more than so many inputs

itā€™ll eventually get confirmed or revert back into your wallet

first install worked. took long time to sync blockchain and drained cpu power so hard that it was only possible over night ā€¦ but it was up and running

**then i deleted the appdata/blocks folder to free some space **
now i cant use zcash anymore
reinstall dont work

Capture2

Hi all. Iā€™m still a bit confused on how to go about moving the data directory. Iā€™ve been running with zcash4win using the default C:\Users.ā€¦ directory but Iā€™m running low on space on my C drive and would like to move the data dir (and wallet) to another drive.

I tried making a .bat file to run zcashd.exe with -dataDir=M:\CopiedZcash4winData, and that runs, but when I run zcash4win it still uses the c:\Users wallet and blockchain dir.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

There is no option to change directory at this time. Itā€™s a feature theyā€™re planning on in the future though. In the meantime, you can use a Symbolic Link (mlink) and see if that works or change the Windows environment to point the directory elsewhere, but there is no guarantee this will work without issue.

The answer to your issue is in this thread. Itā€™s been posted multiple times.

Run zcashd using Powershell without starting the GUI and make sure itā€™s fully synched. Alaos make sure youā€™re running the latest version of zcash4win.

Good afternoon.
Immediately reservation, with T purse everything normally takes / sends without problems.
The situation with Z address is as follows:
when sending over 0.9999 Zec shows the following error

when sending less than 0.9998 Zec error is the following:

(about 5 minutes is the process, then cut down with this error)

I tried to update the hash, to scroll to different addresses at different times (about a week already Iā€™m suffering)
hung around 1.2 Zec.
Those that on T addresses there are no problems, everything is smooth ā€¦

On the Internet did not find a solution, on the site there is a similar question but without an answer

Gentlemen, help me how to draw coins ā€¦