Zcash4win BETA is out!

you need to update! backup your wallet.dat first Just In Case

1 Like

update to the latest version, currently 1.0.11

@anon47418038 - can you please take a look at the issue that I posted above? I really need to get into that wallet. I deleted everything in the folder that starts the syncing process all over again, but I’ve looked at the logs and they are processing incredibly slow. It took hours last night to even get to 0.5%, and the system resources are nearly pegged (which is odd for a build that has plenty of CPU/RAM power). The resources are so constrained that I can’t mine in the background while trying to re-sync the chain (results in 10s of thousands of ms share reporting times).

re-installing java won’t effect it at all, as it uses its own bundled JVM. Are you on a physical console or a remote desktop app of some kind? the only time i can recall that before, they were using something other than MS Remote Desktop to control the machine, and switching to that fixed it.

1 Like

Valid point. I’m using Team Viewer.

Odd that sometimes it works fine, other times, I get this white box issue.

yeah I have had it work sometimes and sometimes not…but if its your own system, I’ve never had an issue with Remote Desktop itself

Tell me how to do the update correctly. Step by step.

click Start, go to Add/Remove Programs, remove zcash4win, download the latest *.msi installer file from https://zcash4win.com, open that, install it, done!

I ran -reindex. This will not prevent the update?

Thank you. Updated. Everything is working.

1 Like

Awesome!! glad to hear it

@anon47418038
Hello man!
Just one question, why wouldn’t it let me encrypt the wallet?
Thank you!

Hi guys, hi radix42!

First of all - THANK YOU for creating this software… it is truly a lifesaver. Mad props to the developer and this community for testing and reporting all the bugs, feedback, questions, etc.

Second… I also have a question. And I know that it’s been discussed before… but I cannot seem to find a definitive answer:

How do you move the downloaded blockchain to a different location, such as an external hard drive? It is currently downloaded to my boot SSD and it’s painful watching the blockchain grow and eat the limited space I have left…

Thank you for your help in advance

Afterburner
core 0
power limit 102
temp limit 74 (ewbf say’s 68C and one higher at 71C and it’s text is orange, so I don’t think I’ll go higher)
core clock 155
mem clock 660
fan is at 59

1917 Sols/s with 4 1070’s

Thanks radix42!

Currently you can’t unless you change the location of %AppData% for the user that has it installed, which is a somewhat risky and painful operation and is between, Microsoft and your god (if you have one).

Having it installed elsewhere without that risk and pain is most certain On The List

As has been stated a few times before, that feature is coming. There’s no ETA.

Hi @anon47418038, like many others have mentioned here, thank you for creating an awesome software and i have been using zcash4win for the last 6 months and it has been great!

I’ve got a quick question and was hoping to get some clarification regarding backing up of the wallet. Is it as simple as copying the wallet.dat file from the App/Roaming/Zcash folder and saving it on a thumbdrive somewhere to keep it safe? And this “wallet.dat” file can be use on any instance of a PC running zcash4win in future if i were to format the computer currently running this wallet?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

You would have to replace the wallet.dat on any given system to have access to it. It wouldn’t just read it off the thumbdrive. It has to be in the %AppData% folder. As mentioned just a couple of posts above, this is not something that can be changed within the software currently but is a feature that’s coming. In the meantime, you could of course change where your %AppData% points but at the risk of causing other issue on your system.

Thank you for the reply. Yup, just wanted to confirm that the “wallet.dat” file was all that i need to replace should i wish to change the PC running the wallet currently.

Appreciate your input, cheers!

2 Likes

Hi @anon47418038, I found a bug in zcash4win (1.0.11).
I initially accidentally added a new address to the address book where I accidentally wrote the address where the name should be and the name instead of the address. That’s my bad… I then added another address, correct this time.
Now, I notice the following happens - when I click on the “correct” address, there are 4 buttons on the bottom of the GUI (“new contact”, “send zcash to contact”, “copy address to clipboard”, “delete contact”).
However, when I click on the “incorrect” address, I only have 3 buttons on the bottom. Only the first 3. The last one - “delete contact” is not available (exactly the one I would want to use to delete the incorrect address).
I started reporting it here but only now realized what the real bug was.

1 Like