Zcash4win BETA is out!

Thank you for the help brother I am following you!. For sure! I am going to try it anyways to see if I can get it running lol… no idea why I want to but just think will be neat to see… If you have some time in the future you should make a post about what you have done for ZEC wallets so I can give you a big upvote on there! You have done great work creating the ZEC windows/mac wallet for all of us to use. We are forever grateful to have you brother.

Hello. Windows crashed on the computer. I reinstalled Zcash4win, the “T” address and private key remained on the flash drive, how do I implement my purse address in Zcash4win?

Hi I have big problem today my SSD is dead I lost everything I install zcash4 win my laptop but how import private key on internet ? I see transaction on Flypool but not send to wallet.

you can stop zcash4win and copy the old wallet.dat file on top of the new one that got created with no balance from your flash drive into %AppData%\Zcash\

do you have a backup of the wallet.dat file or did you export the private keys?

no this is big problem

hey @anon47418038 are you ever going to implement sending multiple transactions(in one transaction)?

I think vakoinov is going to in his work on the swing wallet work he just got a grant approved for (like, minutes ago! :tongue: )

2 Likes

Thanks ! All right !

hi, i have a little problem , the tx explorer shows 2,73 zec in my wallet, but 100% sync wallet shows 2,66 zec, there is a way to reload my balance?

have you restarted zcash4win?

Every now and then when I launch the application, I see a white box that never seems to load.
(And at other times, the app launches just fine)

2017-10-30_19-58-43

And after a while, I’ll either get a blank error box, like this:

Or, sometimes I’ll get the normal sized application box, but blank/white, like this:

At first glance, the issue appears that it may be java related. But I’ve even reinstalled Java, and I still see this error.

I noticed that someone posted this a few months ago, but there doesn’t appear to have been any reply to their post.

Suggestions on how to resolve it?

It would be great if you could add a way to remove or edit entries in the Address Book. I accidentally added an address where I switched between the “name” and “address” fields and now I can’t fix it… Also, verifying that the “Address” field is a valid zcash address format would have been nice, and could have saved me from making this mistake in the first place…

1 Like

@anon47418038 When i start syncing wallet, it stuck with critical error EOF code 1. Then i started powershell with command .\zcashd.exe -daemon=0 -showmetrics=1 and get this

So, should i update my zcash4win to new version or i can do something else?

How do I install new version with out losing my wallet address and zec? Where is this data located? Wallet data, keys? What is it called?

the new version’s installer (and all others) does NOT touch the data directory or your wallet at all, but it IS recommended that you backup your wallet.dat file to another machine before RUNNING the new version, Just In Case.

That at %AppData%\Zcash\wallet.dat

So uninstalling the old version will not affect anything? Because you cannot install on top of old.

Thank you very much. It’s working now. I feel better now. Quick question does it hurt zcash4win if I only run it when letting it update my transactions then I shut it down til next time?

I have exactly the same situation. What should I do next?

that’s fine, just the longer it is off the longer it’ll take to sync next time!

I fire it up once a day and it just takes a few minutes usually