Zcash4win BETA is out!

Returned coins. After 42 hours. The trouble with the network.

All my transactions is ok. Half day I have sex with fucking zcash!

Bump. Is this an obvious question or something? If this information is posted elsewhere can someone please link me?

not right now…you can run the command line zcashd.exe with parameters to have it elsewhere, but the GUI and installer don’t support it yet

not shore if you already sorted the issue but i have similar problem and it has been caused by antivirus SW which blocked the the wallet.

It can’t be installed on another drive yet, that is planned for a future release

1 Like

Ok cool… I’ll totally use this in future when I can specify install location. Thanks.

hello radix42, hello all.
i got some zcash and i am trying to get my zcash4win wallet back to work after i got an error message over the last weeks.
its the error in the screenshot i attached.
how do i get to the “console output”?
which informations do you need in order to be able to help out?

Ohne Titel-1

see up-thread about syncing fully via the command line if it gets stuck like that after a restart

thanx for the reply.
any suggestions from this point on?

You have to add it to the command when you’re starting zcash, not when it’s running. Example:

C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app> zcashd -reindex

thanx a lot. did that. letting it catch up now :slight_smile:

this fix did its job. wallet is back, credits are in. THANX !!

1 Like

Quick question @anon47418038, thank you again for all your hard work here for the community. You are a hero:

Can we start mining just like that If we set gen=1 in the .config file and run this command in powershell ?

cd “c:\Program Files\zcash4win\app”
.\zcashd.exe -daemon=0 -showmetrics=1

Will payments be sent to our Zcash4win wallet?

yes, but you’d want to also set the other mining related options, and realize that solo cpu mining is NOT likely to be profitable for a very long time since it does not support pool mining!

and thank you!

also, donations of any size appreciated as always :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! So this only enables CPU mining - can I set it to use my GPUs somewhere or do I need to dl some other software for this?

This is pretty neat. I want to try and get this running through bash ubuntu on windows 10 as well. Would be cool try out! For sure brother you deserve it for all you have done, will do. Do you have a STEEM account by any chance? I would be more than happy to support you there as well!

I personally use ewbf for mining on my nvidia cards, but if you have amd you want…well to see the mining topic :slight_smile:

and yes I am on steem as @radix42 over there too!

building it on bash on ubuntu on windows is possible, but nobody has done it for recent releases, you need a weird IPv4 only config file setup, and it is much slower :slight_smile:

1 Like

Steemit and yes steem or steem dollar donations are always welcome!