Zcash4win BETA is out!

ok,your block database got corrupted somehow during syncing. so stop zcash4win, and in File Explorer go to the directory %AppData%/Zcash/ and delete the subdirectories oin there blocks, chainstate and database. That will leave your wallet and peers files intact, and then when you start zcash4win again it’ll sync the blockchain from scratch. I’d also run a disk repair of some kind before you start it up and make sure you’ve got plenty of free space before starting it again.

Cool thank you its back up and running. i have 40 gigs available, it was weird. I assume my balance will show up once its sync’d up? Thanks again.

1 Like

yeah the balance shows when it has synced far enough

Good afternoon.
There were problems connecting zcash4win.
When I run, I get a message.
"A general critical error has occurred: Connect to z.cash:443 {z.cash/104.28.11.251, z.cash/104.28.10.251} failed: Connection timed out: connect "
And it turns off. Reinstallation does not help. Tell me how to be in this situation.

can you ping 104.28.11.251 from your system? and that alone should not cause it to crash, very strange

After reinstalling a couple of times and doing a repair, I finally stopped getting the errors, but this is what I get now: daemon is taking longer than expected to start…

No idea what this means. Just happened after updating to newest 1.0.11 version.

nvm, I scrolled up and saw the replies to the same thing I am dealing with. Going to give that a shot now.

1 Like

I have not been able to access my wallet on my desktop for the past 3 days. every time I try to open the app I get this error image

Has any one else had this issue? and if so how can I access my wallet?

There are instructions in this thread (several times!) for how to start up and sync the block chain using the embedded command line before starting the GUI. That’s almost certainly what you need to do.

Hello radix42, Install ZCash4Win was successfully and Blockchain synchronized 100%, but nothing transaction after that. How about this…? what i must to do…? almost 7 hour not have any transaction… Please your advice…

Is there a flag to put the blockchain data in a different location? My C: drive is filling up.

Have you made any transactions? You won’t see any transactions unless you either send or receive Zcash.

Hi,

I like the program but I’m struggling to change the Wallet and Blockchain locations (don’t have enough space to leave the Blockchain on my C drive). I’ve tried running the program from the command line using the commands
-datadir=‘[Folder where I moved the ZCash to after synchronising the Blockchain]’ -conf=‘[Explicitly point to the conf file]’ -exportdir=‘[Where I’d like to store my wallet or where I would like to back it up to]’
This seems to run but no GUI appears (guessing it was syncing the Blockchain in the background) so I tried using the command with the Shortcut provided but it runs with the default settings.
Can anyone help or point me towards some documentation? I looked back through the thread and the Windows documentation section of the Github repository is no longer there.

Thanks

1 Like

I’m not have any transaction yet… This is my first installation… So…, what i must to to now…

How long i can receive zcash after blockchain synchronized 100%… ? It was 2 days…

Once again, you won’t see transactions unless you either send or receive Zcash. If you don’t have Zcash yet, the wallet isn’t going to magically get you some.

1 Like

The directory can’t be changed yet. It’s a feature that @anon47418038 is looking into adding soon.

1 Like

Fair enough thanks for the update

1 Like

Proving key looks to be in %appdata%/ZcashParams/