Zcash4win BETA is out!

heres the debug log errors if that helps.

2017-07-25 03:09:44 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: joinsplit requirements not met 2017-07-25 03:11:34 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: inputs already spent 2017-07-25 07:04:22 socket recv error An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (10054) 2017-07-25 07:04:41 ERROR: ContextualCheckBlockHeader: forked chain older than last checkpoint (height 29115) 2017-07-25 07:04:41 Misbehaving: 67.205.132.171:8233 (0 -> 100) BAN THRESHOLD EXCEEDED 2017-07-25 07:04:41 ERROR: invalid header received

that “forked chain older than last checkpoint” one is weird, and I don’t have that in my node’s logs :frowning:

i thought it was a corrupted block that i had downloaded, thats why i’ve reindexed so many times.

if you have never synced all the way to 100%, just LET IT RUN! :slight_smile:

in powershell, not gui mode

I have synced to 100% twice through powershell, compared blockheight and all.

Trying again though. :sob:

Blockchain sync’d, compared height, 100% through powershell.

still getting errors, it’s not a corrupted block, nothing to do with the blockchain.

could it be a conflict between daemon being fully sync’d and the gui?

Thanks, it took about 12 hours to sycnhronize, but finally it’s done )

1 Like

@anon47418038 I’m having a problem with the program. I open it, it syncronisez, everything works perfect… except when I close the program and want to open it again… it just won’t do it until I restart my PC.

Any reason why that would happen?

Thank you.

do you have any 3rd party security software running, or a firewall rule blocking the connection somehow?
Looks like it just can’t connect to the zcashd.exe process for some reason :frowning:

no idea, that is a new one…and full node wallets like this like to be left running all the time if at all possible. Most issues users have are when starting it up when it is behind on syncing

Can’t be a firewall cause I have to disable it on first run off the boot, I’ll double check the firewalls and exceptions.

This is everything I have tried to remedy

1. syncing blockchain through gui
  2. Syncing blockchain through powershell in administrator.
    ruled out corrupt blockchain.
  3. ran without miner or overclock running (thinking it clogged up the memory)
  4. “windows solution” Uninstall, reinstall, reboot, and reload.

Like I’ve said before, it doesn’t crash, just gets error messages every 3-4 minutes.

I can PM you full debug log, if you want.

yeah go ahead and send it to me

Program wont open for me now. Before ok, run, sync, but now just wont open. I tried run it from command line to see some debug info but no luck - just nothing. No running process, nothing.

I am a newbie to this and thanks a lot for creating the wallet! I have encountered the following problem which prevented me from opening for the first time:

A general unexpected critical error has occurred: com.eclipsesource.json.ParseException: Expected value at 1:1 See console output for more detailed error information!

I looked up another post and followed the instruction there but instead of running ‘zcashd.exe -daemon=0 -showmetrics=1’ here’s what I do:

1. create a zcash.conf
    addnode=mainnet.z.cash
    rpcuser=username
    rpcpassword=passwordrandom
    daemon=1
    showmetrics=0
    gen=0
  2. run .\zcashd.exe in powershell
  3. Open zcash4win

I was able to get into the gui wallet after all the work and when I check the debug log the first line it shows

Zcash version v1.0.10-1-eabd83a-dirty (2017-07-05 17:13:13 +0000)

I am wondering if this is normal? Not sure if the word ‘dirty’ means anything.

i have a big problem ., i get critical error EOF code 1 , idk what that means can someone help please?

the word “dirty” refers to some different build options in the compiler or linker! I’ve always hated that, makes users, well, suspicious like you were being…open source programmers can be dense in the midst of their brilliance sigh

1 Like

you need to sync the blockchain in the terminal with the command line zcash daemon, instructions for that in PowerShell are repeated several times up thread!

1 Like

pls reply exactly im so noob at this …

ok, here we go! Click on the Start Menu and start typing Powershell, it’ll bring it up to click on.

In that command line first type (I’d copy and paste it :slight_smile: ):

cd "c:\Program Files\zcash4win\app\"

Then run the command:

.\zcashd.exe -daemon=0 -showmetrics=1

That’ll sync the blockchain in the command prompt. On that screen it’ll have a metric displayed for “Block height”, when that matches the current block height on https://zcha.in you are caught up and can launch the zcash4win GUI. And once it’s sync’d it is happiest if it is running all the time (all full node wallets all regardless of coin!) [EDITED FOR TYPO ABOVE]

2 Likes