Zcash4win BETA is out!

oh it got until the first week in may…you just need to leave it running and WAIT…the first week in may an exchange was sending out mining payout transactions with a LOT of inputs, and that made the verification time for those blocks go up a LOT…since then they’ve backed off on how many they are sending through in one txn, but you just have to let it get through that patch.

Which takes a while, because some of those blocks take almost as long to verify as the interval between them, but it DOES catch up, and then goes quite a lot faster after that week.

you may need to wipe the blockchain and start over…clear out everything but wallet.dat, zcash.conf and peers.dat that is in the %AppData%\Zcash\ folder and start syncing from scratch

no, it does not do GPU mining, the #mining topic has tons about that

Tried it, didnt help. Still nothing happened, no splash screen.

yes, you have to let it get to 100% and then ideally let it run all the time. Most problems with full node wallets, which this is, are either in the initial sync or when its catching up after not running for a while

Your payouts should be visible on a block explorer like zcha.in if you search by address and you just need to let it sync to have the fund available

what version of windows are you on, and I know its a silly question but did you reboot before trying to run it again?

Ah, OK @anon47418038. Thanks. Since this is on a laptop I wonder how well this picks up after standby/resume? I think last time I tried it I may have closed the lid and opened it a few times. This time I’ll try to just let it chug.

BTW, is this project accessible on Github for anyone that would like to help contribute coding? The webpage just links to all your Github projects and it wasn’t clear which one this is. Also intending to send a tip your way as soon as possible. Thanks for your work.

I did reboot, few times actually, its windows 10, 1703 (15063,447).

yeah zcashd does NOT like standby/resume, on any platform, linux, windows, mac!

The zcash4win source code is tucked away inside the zcash4mac repo in its own branch(es), because of github namespace nonsense…its here:

Found the solution. Somehow rivatuner caused a problem :open_mouth:

2 Likes

@anon47418038 36 hours later and I’m still stuck on the same date synchronizing the blockchain. Is there any way I can check whether progress is being made? I also noticed that zcashd is using < 1% CPU in task manager. Seems like something is just stuck. Any ideas?

@anon47418038 Just wanted to share with you that I moved my “ZCash Server” from Linux to Windows using ZCash4Win, and it is working perfectly fine.

Thanks for the port!

2 Likes

that is not normal! you can look at the end of the file:
%AppData%\Zcash\debug.log
and see if new entries for blocks processed are being added to it

Hello,

I don’t know what is wrong with this wallet but :
I just transfered 1 ZEC to my address wallet and i still didn’t recieve it after almost 1hour or maybe even more…the thing is do i need to have blockchain full synchronized in order to recieve my coin?
And also at some point i have 0 connections…there is any work around to add the servers manually?
Last thing my CPU goes sky high ~ 70% when im using the wallet.
RAM:8 GB
internet connection:100Mbps

Confirmed ,you need to have the wallet 100% synchronized.

Thank you for your response,
Best regards

You’re a life saver! I have been having the same issue since weeks and tried to do everything and lost my coins because of it nad now it is working!

Just curious how were you able to identify the cause, or is just just luck? Thanks.

Tried to run this fork: GitHub - vaklinov/zcash-swing-wallet-ui: DEPRECATED: not to be used! - Desktop GUI Wallet for ZCash
Turned out it behave same way, but showed problematic frame (d3d9.dll+0xfd0c). Found other software with that error which was resolved by turning off rivatuner. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah you are not going to see all transactions until it is 100% synced as
its a full node wallet

What exactly is zcash4win?

It was literally answered in the post right above yours… :unamused:

@anon47418038, basically the end of my log file looks like this repeating over and over:

2017-06-28 03:01:16 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: joinsplit requirements not met
2017-06-28 03:07:42 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: joinsplit requirements not met
2017-06-28 03:09:26 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: joinsplit requirements not met
2017-06-28 03:13:50 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: joinsplit requirements not met
2017-06-28 03:17:16 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: joinsplit requirements not met

Does this give you any clues?