Zcash will be added on Alphabay on 1st of July

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/duplicates/6d7q81/alphabay_will_accept_zcash_starting_july_1st_2017/

3 Likes

“With the current network status of the Bitcoin network, we believe that adding other currencies is a must.” // What he means under “current status”? What’s wrong with that?

Slow confirmation and high fee

Based on the above, it won’t be long now til AB jumps ship and integrates LTC seeing as the bitcoin bull isn’t showing any signs of slowing. Why burn 2-3 USD+ when you can settle with < 10 cents per tx?

1 Like

Is the ZEC blockchain too bloated to be used for a lot of transactions? Will it be just as slow and expensive as BTC when it’s at 1/20 the volume?

It looks like the only boost it is getting is maintaining post-JPM news. If it acts like it has in the past, the continuing inflation from mining should erode it back down to 0.07 ish BTC in a month, assuming there is not more big news or an alt coin bubble burst.

There’s a whale seller of $1M at 0.1163 on Poloniex so it’s got a firm cap until he backs out or gets bought out (that’s 1 day’s Polo volume).

It’s hard to tell.
Zen has segwit on roadmap, so could be a deal breaker if they beat zec to the punch.
End users preferring using mobile more over desktops is also a problem as vendors and buyers will only be using this currency for shielded tx’s and I have yet to come across a port running on ARM crunching 4 GB for a single tx; only alternative is to use a third party server to complete the tx and even that then open’s users to inherent risk.

Not on polo as much as 'rex, 'finex and kraken so completely missed that. That kind of capital with current market cap can move markets, so one to keep an eye on.

Blocks are 4x faster on ZEC and the block size is already 2 MB, so it’s going to have 8x the blockchain bloat.

At 2000 Byte/tx in 2 MB/blk in 150 sec/blk verses bitcoin’s 250 Byte/tx in 1MB/blk in 600 seconds, I get 6.67 tx/second for both.

But is it a one-to-one comparison? Can propagation in Zcash be as fast as in BTC?

About an hour after I posted about the $1M whale at 0.1163 BTC that was blocking ZEC on polo from rising, he retracted the sell order. I know the order had been there all day yesterday. My thanks to the whale because I would like to see what happens now that his cap has been removed. [edit (portion deleted): i thought the stop limit was hidden from other users until it’s triggered but that’s not the case.]

imo, that’s a polite way of saying BTC’s not fungible enough to be taken seriously on DNMs ; P

it’s all about that accumulation! pump, shake out weak hands, accumulate, test pump, accumulate, then we start next leg up!

My node is up and running :wink: ready for alpha launch!
And mining at the same time like never befor hehe, how long do you guys hodl until some sales of zec?

End users preferring using mobile more over desktops is also a problem as vendors and buyers will only be using this currency for shielded tx’s and I have yet to come across a port running on ARM crunching 4 GB for a single tx; only alternative is to use a third party server to complete the tx and even that then open’s users to inherent risk.

This idea goes on the direction of giving a partial solution to that problem. The user can securely make zcash transactions (both shielded or transparent) from an android phone without need of trusting any thirthd party server… with the condition of leaving his computer running at home.

It is just a proof of concept for the moment; but it works.

2 Likes

Depends on how much you put in and what rets you want. Both my bags were bought @ 2-3mn sats. One of them is staying put til we top out on 19mn sats, somewhere in Q3-Q4. The other is for riding the breakout’s, buying back the dips, rinse and repeat.

For selling you should pay attention to signals which can then bloom into moons. Spotting ell wave + cup and handle chart patterns are beneficial here.
Most importantly never place your bids too early and don’t be the panic in room. Lastly, if you bought off exchanges, always have your exit set, before opening a position.

Props @miguelmarco, looks to have potential :slight_smile:
Kinda similar to what I was originally already doing, but no where near as ugly; mobile terminal ssh’d to dropbear on home or dedi, which then pops an ncurses frontend for zcash-cli on remote login from set device.