ZCash-proxy: Personal ZCash/ZClassic Solo Mining Stratum / Pool Software

So, it costs twice as much in devfee to mine solo, with your proxy, than it does to mine on a pool @ 1%?

If only you believe in 1%. Also, no DDOS, no thefts, no pool hoppers and other public service flaws.

Hi Sammy, I want to buy zcash proxy. I have tried using your proxy (released on github) but it gives me error (Error while refreshing & unable to validate coinbase address) Can you show me some configuration of the .json file so I can proceed. It would help me testing the proxy successfully and then buying.

1 Like

I am confused, there is a config example in readme.

Your points are well taken, although you, as a dev, donā€™t have the pool expenses for infrastructure, ddos protection, etc.

Anyway, can you please tell what differences there are (or arenā€™t) between the pre-built binaries and the source tar ball?

Thank you.

Edit: Never mind, I see (there isnā€™t any source now). Iā€™ll give it a try. I hope 50k sols/s is enough to go solo with? :slight_smile:

Source only for trusted people. Commercial version does not contain devfee. And yes I have no expenses, like claymore. I am not offering pools, I am offering software.
with 50K sol you will get 1 block in 2 days, or in a week, itā€™s solo.

What do you mean by that Sources only for trusted people? Are you offering zcash-proxy without dev-fee?

ZCash-proxy without devfee is for 2.5 BTC. For sources I must know you. I donā€™t know you so binary only version without devfee for 2.5 BTC for you.

@sammy007 Well, Iā€™m using the proxy and it works great! Iā€™m mining ZCL, so solo is "easy on the psyche :slight_smile: I would like to make a suggestion, however. The proxy would be much more ā€œfeature richā€ if it had the ability to alert the operator of problems with the farm (no shares in N minutes, upstream connection lost, etc.) with an email and/or SMS notification. If you didnā€™t want to implement all that, you could just have a config setting where the user could specify a call-out command that the proxy calls when farm problems arise. You could just call the user command, with the ā€œerror typeā€ and source ID (worker ID, connection ID, etc.). The user would be responsible for implementing whatever notification action they prefer. Would you consider adding that functionality? Some other more minor improvements would be some status and uptime info for the proxy itself, upstream connection(s), and worker connections, include reconnect counts. This data would be very useful for monitoring the overall farm health.

Anyway, thank you very much! The proxy has been running solid as a rock, and I am very surprised at how lightweight it is - it bare uses any CPU or memory resources!

The problems is that pro farms already have all monitoring, they can use /stats JSON data to determine sick rigs and perform actions. Having all out of the box in a proxy is not wise, usually people mine more coins and have unified solution. I will add proxy uptime. Upstream connections has fails count, good enough to notice problems with zcashd. No need to be extremely clever there.

Could you just add an audible alarm sound when a miner times out? Please?

Alarm sound is nonsense, software must be silent, I will add desktop notifications.

That would be great! Frankly, I was afraid to ask. Thanks!

New Update.

• Block stats
  • Desktop notifications

You must flush browser cash or make hard refresh with Shift+F5 or CMD+Shift+R (Chrome, OSX).

1 Like

Thanks. You didnā€™t add the proxy uptime status, which I thought you indicated you would. Also, the notification has no audio associated with it.

Of course there is no audio because I said it clearly that I am not going to add audio.

Your problem is that you think that you makes sense. None of my customers asked me for sounds because they have enough clue. You are not my customer, so I donā€™t care about insults and bs you requesting. You either use it or not. You always have an option.

Have a great day!!!

If you so adamant in your desire, you can add option to spawnNotification func inside www/script.js (google what option). I am pretty busy with some really necessary stuff and canā€™t invest time into making it configurable. Everyone who installed Avast! once will agree with my point.

Thatā€™s fine, thank you! If the proxy was open source, I would never have asked you for anything, I would have simply made the changes Iā€™d like for myself. Hopefully, one day youā€™ll hit your 15 BTC income target and open the proxy up for everyone.