Zcash Pool- Zcash.flypool.org

@peter_zcash I’m wondering the same thing… I have 2 rigs… 1 at 1400 Sol/s and the other at 1300 Sols/s for a total of 2,700 Sols/s.

Looking at my Flypool stats… I’m NEVER up that high. Before I added my last card, I was over my hashrate half the time and under the other half, equaling out my hashrate… something seems wrong…

Pool side has grate is calculating using the number of valid shares submitted to the pool. If it is lower than your local figure it means that you are simply not submitting enough shares for your given hashrate. This can be caused by a number of reasons like invalid shares, worker downtimes, stale shares, instable GPUs,…

@MrJaekin
It is because Claymore shows pumped numbers as far as pool is concerned. The difference is due to the fact that it periodically disconnects from mining to your pool and mines to itself. This has been discussed ad infinitum on Claymore threads. Basically, 5-10% less at the pool. If you want real numbers, use OM, which has NO difference between what it shows in gui and pool.

1 Like

Sorry, maybe I didn’t explain well myself.
I expected slate and invalid shares to be shown in the pool front end, and more accepted shares than reported by pool’s side.
It’s not about the calculated speed at pool’s side.
I keep the mining software’s log and try to match accepted shares with the pool’s front end web page and the API info.
It’s difficult with the web page, and I don’t like web scrapping, so I’m wondering if there’s any documentation of the API I could read.

Also I made a tcpdump to check what was going on, but as I don’t know the stratum protocol, only guessed some things.
Certainly there is a problem, in my mining software, ‘in the middle’ or in the pool’s side.

Another thing is that with all the info I have I’m unable to calculate correctly my reward.
But I have to say that I’m not disappointed with this pool’s rewards, by the way I think that pays more than others I tested.

Does anyone know the reason why the pool hashrate recently dropped largely??:confused:

The largest theft is on FLYPOOL!!! They are stealing a lot of shares. DEV, leave home the sotries with shares, don’t be ridiculous…

1 Like

Could you elaborate on your accusations?

1 Like

Yes. In my case I have a total power of 15200 H/s. On flypool the max peak I ever saw was about 14700 H/s and the average was about 14100 H/s.
On dwarfpool, same settings, same miner, same drivers, the average after 24H is about 15100 H/s and most accurate payments. For me, this difference, I think it’s not about shares, shares target, etc…it’s something else.
And I noticed on other forums the same thing happens to other users…

2 Likes

I was using flypool from the start of zcash, because it gave me 3x more zec than suprnova, with maxed avarage hashrate on flypool i get 0,113 zec per day with 5x rx480 and claymore 9.1 (calculated from payouts) but changed to dwarfpool not far ago, getting 0,168 zec per day… it is 48% more!!! I do not know how flypool calculate for big miner farms, maybe pool give them more to attract them, but i will never go back to that thief pools

3 Likes

A lot of miners used flypool for that reason… I also know another pool that was live from the first second of zec: Coinsforall.io. In the absence of other pools I mined on coinsforall, form the first second although there were big problems with payments…the developer has thought only short-term with high returns. Now coinsforall is dead… My respect for those who are fair and thinking long-term!!!

Thx for sharing chronosek 48% it’s huge difference i’ll move all my rigs to Dwarfpool immediately!

2 Likes

a couple of posters above look like pure propaganda, especially the one’s with 48%.
How about this: I am 100% sure that it it is impossible. How do i know this?
Because I got exactly the same number on my internal gui meter and at flypool (on Opti).
If dwarfpool sees fit to give larger client disproportionate shares, then THIS is the real stealing from “smaller” folks.
DISCLOSURE: no association with flypool, apart from mining here.

1 Like

48% seems completely exaggerated.

But I can confirm I got +12% on my first 24 hrs on dwarfpool. That was with one GPU working on sub-optimal conditions, hashing at only 1/5 of its full capacity.

Now I must say this, 12% might be just a very good run of +100% luck. I’m staying on dwarfpool for a few more days to prove this.

Does dwarfpool support encrypted connections?

You say it is propaganda, but i am unrelated to pool. I just switched and that i got, it was 48% for me (1145 sol/s on claymore, poll show 1200-1300sol/s, on port 3335 - dificulty 4096) It could be that day poll found more blocks or flypool gave you more because you have higher hashrate

Hi @Bitbit017,

Do you have proofs about this issue?
It’s a bit hard to say they’re stealing without proofs…

I’m trying to do my best to understand what’s going on.
Without pool’s help I only can check my mining software’s source code and my connections to/from the pool.
That leaves pool’s side and ‘the middle’ unknown.
If we could check somehow pool’s side, that would state that somebody is doing a ‘man in the middle’ attack.

Also I’ll test dwarfpool for a 24 hour run.

Just test Dwarfpool and u’ll see about he’s talking about first u’ll see higher hashrate then higher reward :wink:

Propaganda huh? Let me tell you another story, a sad one but true. On 25 nov 2016 the developer of SUPRNOVA has put an offer, for Black Friday:
0% Fee and 5% bonus on mined coins. Ok I understand 0% Fee(a good offer), but 5% bonus on mined coins I can’t understand this… FROM WHERE IT COULD OFFER SOMETHING LIKE THIS???
I leave you to guess…
In the end everyone does what he wants with his money…but do not steal mine.
Here’s the link with the offer:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/8369-suprnova-mining-pools-black-friday-0-fee-and-5-bonus-on-mined-coins/

Why does flypool not have an unconfirmed amount while on all other pools you have to wait for your mined coins to be confirmed

All blocks need 100 confirmation to mature. I think flypool just not show the not mature block, only show the mature block on their page.