Zcash Pool- Zcash.flypool.org

Can anyone help me understand flypool API response? Are there docs for it? I have some rounds for which I get “processed: -1” in the response. What does that mean? Thanks.

I had the same confusion and I third it. You have to add some parameters about cpu/gpu threads. -t 6 (*note: if cpu has 8 threads it was reconmended to use 6, as 75% is better) -cd 0 1 2 3 (for gpu mining with 4 gpus)

I am a little confused about the gpu mining though! Nheqminer_cpu… does it mean that it is cpu oriented and is there a more effective way to gpu-mine?

Hi Peter,
I started mining 25 hours ago on flypool. For the first 5 hours I earned around 0.01821 ZEC, but after that I earned almost nothing. Sometimes my immature balance and unpaid balance go up, sometimes go down but very small amount. My machine works stably at 1650 sol/s. I cant understand why can my unpaid balance go down. Please help me to address this. Thank you a lot.

Because of performance issues with the Zcash client we are unable to send payout transactions to z addresses! Therefore DO NOT use z addresses to mine on the pool.
what? Please provide more information

Hello,
I just started mining for fun a few hours ago on flypool.
My gpu (r9 270x) pushes a pretty stable 175 H/s on ZECMiner.
After the first few hours, my mining program displayed 158 accepted shares, but flypool dashboard only has 18?

I have since restarted the script and have mined another 27 shares, but the dashboard figure has not gone up at all…
My immature balance has gone up, but I’m not sure its counting all the shares I have gotten.

Please help me figure this out. Thanks

z addresses are shielded. Apparently they require more resources and have been disabled on Flypool. So use a t address instead. They’re transparent addresses and don’t require the added overhead to function for Flypool.

Does that clear it up for you or are you looking for more in depth information about the differences between a zaddress and a taddress?

Ok so my question is the current address ive been mining with is one set up through cryptonater.com how do ik if the address is shielded or not I attempted google searching it and best thing I got was this forum. All it says on the site is that its my zcash address there is no specification of it being taddress vs a zaddress unless it would say taddress under that then id feel quite dumb

if its start with the letter t does that mean its a taddress…? if its that simple just wow…

That’s correct. t- is a transparent address. z- is an encrypted “shielded” address.

So if say I dont want to use a certain taddress anymore because the transfer fee from the wallet itself to other wallets is absurd will changing my address on the bat file change how much ive mined on the previous address or does it just use the miner as a point of reference for payments and keeps the balance from the previous address and combine the two together for my next reward?

Hi guys,
I was wondering is it normal this on the pictures below ?
The worker was mining in that time but I didn’t see new shares which are taken…

Those gaps are also there in the pool statistics as well. Some major hiccup there or something.

On a side note, does anyone know where flypool gets their price for ZEC on the homepage? Compared it to Bitfinex, Kraken, and Poloniex and it was a few USD higher. (Just curious, not suspecting foul play.)

1 Like

Hello,

I’m new to Zcash and I’m currently buyer of hash rate on Nicehash.

I’ve started with Mining Hub Pool and I would like to try with Flypool but the configuration of the pool looks a little bit different.

First of all I wanted to know if we can go on Flypool if we are Nicehash buyers. If yes (I hope :smiley:) does the password is optional during the configuration of the pool on NH l?

Last but not least and sorry if my english is not perfect (I come from France ^^) I read it on your website :

Because of performance issues with the Zcash client we are unable to send payout transactions to z addresses! Therefore DO NOT use z addresses to mine on the pool.

Does it mean I can’t link the Zcash address of my Exchange (Kraken) ? I think I’ve just not understand it and if someone can explain it to me I’ll give to him/her all my respect :slight_smile:

Thank You !
Julien.

I find alone the response about the Zcash address an learn about the old format Z addresses. Thank to HELP section of flypool :slight_smile:

By the way, I’ve try to connect the pool with this configuration

Stratum Hostname : stratum+tcp://eu1-zcash.flypool.org
Port : 3333
Username : My address
Password : I’ve try with 1024 / 2000 / 8000

This configuration does not connect my miners to flypool only rejected shares. Could you please help me to find the road to flypool @peter_zcash ?

I have to verify my zaddress, right?

Hello I have a question and hope you all could help. I am using claymores 12.5 miner and I am seeing a lot of shares being accepted but flypool does not reflect this number of shares. What is going on? Am I doing something wrong or is this typical behavior? Here is an image of the miner and the flypool dashboard.

Don’t worry about it , it is completely normal.
You can check this thread if you want : Flypool Low shares - #6 by Blue

I had the same question @iwalinski shared the thread with my concern. Basically it does not really matter. From the looks of your screenshot, it looks like everything is working perfectly and your pay is correct.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the replies I read the link to posted and correct me if I am wrong but it seems the difficulty was 2000 and is now 8000 so each share that is found is worth 1/4 or a whole share that shows up on the website? But the payment amount remains the same just differently shown by shares?

A share is worth a share. That doesn’t change with difficulty. What does change is how often you share. You’ll find that with a higher difficulty, you’ll share less. Sharing less doesn’t mean you get paid less though.

Here’s a thread where it’s discussed in way more detail.