Zcash Pool- Zcash.flypool.org

Most likely some of your miners did not reconnect properly after the difficulty switch. We have checked a few other miners and their income per round is completely stable and comparable to before the switch.

I restarted my miners let see if I gain my income back. If not, then we know it was due to the change.

where can i find an explanation of this difficulty raise?

In terms of flypool or on the network hashrate?

Note: Im just a pool user (have nothing to do with Flypool other than I mine at their pool)

well i just heard about it and someone on yt asked me to explain what it means, so what does it mean :slight_smile: is it just for flypool or the entire network? and how does it effect mining, and why was it done?

basically what is it, how does it work, and why should we care :slight_smile:

A ok…

Basically due to better optimized miners (faster miners) the pool has more shares (faster shares) coming in with a lower difficulty. This causes more stress on their servers.

What happens now with higher difficulty from the pool is that you basically see lower (slower) shares both on the software side and the pool side but you are just sending bigger packages (further apart) then spamming hundreds of shares.

Simple Example
100 small shares = 1 big shares

Looking at Flypool
Roughly 2 smalls shares = 1 big share ATM (with current changes)

This is good for a few reasons.
a) Slower internet connections don’t have that much of an effect
b) The pool can handle more traffic, less stress on the servers (miners/shares etc)
c) You get the same amount of rewards as slower shares
d) Most of the work is down locally then sent out in batches, rather then back and forth every few ~ms/second

In terms of the network hashrate… The higher it is the higher the difficulty meaning basically if you divide it by the % of the network you are… you get less rewards per day/week/year.

If you are 1% of the network you get 1% of rewards… if the network hashrate doubles and now you are 0.5% of the network you get 0.5% of the rewards etc etc

oh i see, like setting share difficulty with eth.
was wondering earlier why they dont have share difficulty settings for the pools

great detailed explaination, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Np.

BTW there’s mining software that you can set diff on through the config file, but most vardiff pools do that automatically, most of the time it’s not something you have to worry about.

Just a random observation, pools that I have used that have faster shares (low static diff) cause my GPU temps to go up a few % vs pools that have a high static diff or vardiff.

ill have to say though, 12 hours ago i was earning 0.01 each 30 min on average with about 3.3 Kh/s
now im at 4.4 Khs. and its taking me 45 min…

just restart the rigs?

suprnova said they had a DDOS attack some 5 hours ago, this is not going on at flypool also is it?

Looks like hashrate is going crazy it’s up around x2 from two days ago (41887679 Sol/s ATM)

Im down around 33% in terms of payouts for 24hrs. (day finishes in 3 minutes)

i noticed the eth difficulty went down, so just means lots of miners are switching and that is decreasing payouts, increasing network difficulty so much on zcash?

there is no ddos attack is thre? suprnova said they had one hours ago from looking at their thread… not sure what that all means

Zcash profitability went up quite a bit on the pump from $60 to $100. Yes I think your guess is right.
Suprnova DDOS has nothing to do with other pools and/or Zcash blockchain.

well those eth miners should stay on eth… they always say how they think so higly of eth, why dont they ride it out… i myself lost confidence in eth well over a month ago and dont want to bother mining it anymore

these switch schizos are making zcash more unstable

I tried to use the search in here before asking but it didnt work or maybe it didnt find the answer. My question is can u guys make the pool compatible with “nicehash” difficulty is too low and i can’t connect to ur pool. Please open a new port compatible with nicehash or increase the dif a lil bit more.

Thank you

Who deals with the payouts? Im not seeing 1 of my payouts since yesterday… the 1 before and after are shown but the 1 inbetween is missing…
Tx 0b52f9b4e0707cc3857f

me too
one payment missing from yetsrady

Please create a support ticket about this issue.

Can you give me a link please? I cant seem to find anything on website

In the dashboard hashrates param shows 0.0 h/s, yet Current hashrate param shows normal hash of 1.3 kh/s. What’s up? is there some DDOS going on?

EDIT: it came back a bit, but it might be something at the pool, all rigs are going fine
Anybody else see a sharp downspike?